The readers of both Travel and Leisure and Condé Nast got it right when they voted Nayara the No. 4 hotel in the world. Nayara managed to live up to our impossibly high expectations. My boyfriend and I stayed in Nayara Suite #32 from October 29th to November 1st. The suite is unlike any other room you are likely to see in your life: authentic, huge, and architecturally stunning. We were very lucky to have experienced completely clear skies (see our photos & videos) allowing for jaw-dropping views of the Arenal Volcano. We have been to some of the top ranked hotels in the world including acclaimed resorts in Thailand and Bali and we can confirm that Nayara is definitely up there! We paid less than $400 per night for our room. Any comparable luxury hotel in Asia would have cost two to three times as much.
What else can I say…the place is like a dream. Recommendations:
1) Visit the spa (we had a couples hot-stone massage)
2) Sample the vintages at the wine bar
3) Take a chance on the “Nayara Roll” at Sushi Amor
4) Ask Randall at the swim-up bar for a Bloody Mary and take it with you to the secluded hot tubs
5) Ladies take a nap with your boyfriend/fiancé/husband on the outdoor hammock while drifting off to the sounds of the rainforest
6) Ask for a tour of the new “Nayara Springs Villa” and start saving for next year!
Activities: Sky Trek (not for those with fear of heights/speeds), white water rafting, horseback riding. Recommend all three.
Meals: We ate at the hotels various restaurants for every meal except one trip to Don Rufino’s in town (get the chicken with yellow squash risotto!!) . Without exception all our meals were great. The wine paired dinner at the wine bar is an experience not to be missed:
Pro’s: All the above
Con’s: The fact that it had to end
Note*: We flew into Liberia, rented a car, and drove to Arenal. While we found the journey (3.5hrs) memorable, the drive is not for everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located in the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park