My husband and I spent four nights at Nayara and loved every minute of it! Here's our breakdown of our stay:
Check-in was quick and easy. The cold towel and beverage made us feel welcome from the moment we stepped out of our van. Checkout was also a seemless process. There was an erroneous minibar charge on our bill and when we told them we didn't get anything from the minibar, the charge was removed without a question.
Our room was so spacious, and the view was the best view I've had at a hotel! We enjoyed sitting on our back deck in the hammock or lounge chairs. The private hot tub on the deck was the best way to unwind after dinner. The rooms were cleaned punctually every day and turndown service was an added bonus. We had a room with 2 double beds, and my husband and I couldn't understand how you could "share" this room. It's definitely a romantic hideaway. The shower door is clear, so I'm not sure you'd want to share a room with anyone.
The breakfast buffet was delicious. Being able to fill up for breakfast before going on excursions was a great bonus. Also, having the premade sandwiches and granola bars to take with you for the day were nice touches. We didn't eat lunch at the hotel as we were out during the days. Dinner at Altimira was good, not great. However, Azteca night on Sunday night was by far the best dinner we had at the hotel. Sushi Amor's happy hour in the afternoons was a nice treat. The mixed chips were a great appetizer at Sushi Amor. We went into La Fortuna one night for dinner, but by the time you pay $10 each way for a cab, you end up spending the same amount of money as if you just ate at Altimira. The wine bar is a very neat place and very reasonably priced.
The staff truly wants to make sure you have a realxing, enjoyable stay. I loved that they offered excursions, but they didn't push you into booking excursions through them. The hotel grounds are well-kept and very beautiful. The pool is small but was never crowded. The only thing I would've liked to see was a gameroom.
Overall, we loved our stay at Nayara. We would highly recommend it to anyone going to Costa Rica. It's one of my favorite hotels we've ever stayed in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located in the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park