If you are thinking of staying here DO IT! The Nayara hotel is one of the best hotel experiences my wife and I have had. Upon arrival we were greeted by a very friendly staff, and had some amazing refreshing tropical drink which brought me back to life after a 3 hour car ride which I got car sick (and I never get car sick).
We checked in with ease, and were given a tour of the hotel. We opted to stay in the Casita Deluxe due to our budget. Despite this being the lesser of the room options it still was amazing. The room was very clean, and the balcony was just as awesome, with a hammock and the whirlpool tub. The pictures accurately reflect what you get. Every day the room was cleaned in a timely fashion, and there was always a cool new towel creature to great us on the bed, some of the most creative I have ever seen. The outdoor shower was pretty awesome too. Everything about this place exudes romance and seclusion.
The Staff: Top notch! Every staff member here has a smile on their face and is happy to serve you in whatever capacity they can. The waiters and bartenders only needed to meet us once to know our names for the rest of the week. Jonathan the bartender was extremely pleasant as well as Juan Carlos in the main dining room who took care of us almost everyday. Lindsey from the front desk was also very personable and pleasant. The people who work their seem genuinely happy in their job and love to interact with the guests.
The food: The main dining hall was fantastic. They had a full menu comparable to a nicer restaurant as well as several buffets during our stay. The food was excellent and so was the service. We opted for the Adventure Arenal package in which our food, Breakfast and Dinner was included. What a great value, as you could order any appetizer, main course, and desert off the menu. We also ate a Sushi Amor which was good. We eat sushi almost every week in the states, it doesn't really compare but they give it a good shot. I still recommend eater there at least once though. We did not eat at the wine bar so I have no opinion on that. Lunch you are on your own. We ate at the pool bar almost every day. The food there is just average and could be better. I would recommend a trip into town to the grocery store, and buy lunch meats, yogurt and granola and just keep it in the fridge in your room. You can save money that way.
The Spa:This is probably one of the coolest Spas I have ever been to. It is VERY clean, and is set in such a cool environment. My wife and I got the couples massage, the first a Lomi Lomi and the second a Swedish. Both were amazing, and probably the best massages we ever had. We were relaxed and recharged. The Lomi Lomi was awesome and I highly recommend it.
The Adventure Trips: Again we did the Adventure Arenal package which I highly recommend. We did the Zip line with SkyTrek, white water rafting, volcano hike, and hot springs tour. All very good tours and worth it. I just wish we had more time to do more. Our favorites were the Zip line and the rafting. All the tour guides are awesome, and incredibly knowledgable.
The Grounds and Scenery: We had some of the most amazing weather. We were there from Feb 3-Feb 8. Almost every day we had a perfect crystal clear view of the volcano and the breathtaking scenery that the hotel offers. It seemed so hard to believe that a place this perfect can really exist on earth and it is not heaven. The grounds are superbly manicured and are breathtaking.
I have very few complaints but I do have just a few. My first would be that the hotel advertises internet service in the rooms. We were in a room at the top of the resort in which the internet would not reach our room. Not a big deal at all, we could use our iPads at the pool and everywhere else, it just bothered me that it was advertised and wasn't available to us because of the location of the room. The second would be about children. I understand that this is no fault of the hotel, but people, PLEASE DO NOT BRING YOUR CHILDREN! This is a romantic couples/adult style resort. Our first 3 days were amazing and peaceful and it was only adults. While sitting in the pool one afternoon, a couple families came with about 5 or 6 young children. You could see everyone at the pool looking at each other and all thinking, "Oh dear god please no". The kids were being kids, having fun canon balling and splashing like crazy, but they were splashing us and others at the pool bar and all around. This resort offers nothing for children. This is a resort for adults. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN AT HOME- They can really ruin the experience.
I would stay here again in a heartbeat. I loved this place, scenery, staff, food, room... It was amazing. Top notch and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a romantic get away. I was refreshed and recharged, but did not want to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Spa & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located on the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park