“Amazing honeymoon stay!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Amazing honeymoon stay!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

If you are thinking of staying here DO IT! The Nayara hotel is one of the best hotel experiences my wife and I have had. Upon arrival we were greeted by a very friendly staff, and had some amazing refreshing tropical drink which brought me back to life after a 3 hour car ride which I got car sick (and I never get car sick).
We checked in with ease, and were given a tour of the hotel. We opted to stay in the Casita Deluxe due to our budget. Despite this being the lesser of the room options it still was amazing. The room was very clean, and the balcony was just as awesome, with a hammock and the whirlpool tub. The pictures accurately reflect what you get. Every day the room was cleaned in a timely fashion, and there was always a cool new towel creature to great us on the bed, some of the most creative I have ever seen. The outdoor shower was pretty awesome too. Everything about this place exudes romance and seclusion.

The Staff: Top notch! Every staff member here has a smile on their face and is happy to serve you in whatever capacity they can. The waiters and bartenders only needed to meet us once to know our names for the rest of the week. Jonathan the bartender was extremely pleasant as well as Juan Carlos in the main dining room who took care of us almost everyday. Lindsey from the front desk was also very personable and pleasant. The people who work their seem genuinely happy in their job and love to interact with the guests.

The food: The main dining hall was fantastic. They had a full menu comparable to a nicer restaurant as well as several buffets during our stay. The food was excellent and so was the service. We opted for the Adventure Arenal package in which our food, Breakfast and Dinner was included. What a great value, as you could order any appetizer, main course, and desert off the menu. We also ate a Sushi Amor which was good. We eat sushi almost every week in the states, it doesn't really compare but they give it a good shot. I still recommend eater there at least once though. We did not eat at the wine bar so I have no opinion on that. Lunch you are on your own. We ate at the pool bar almost every day. The food there is just average and could be better. I would recommend a trip into town to the grocery store, and buy lunch meats, yogurt and granola and just keep it in the fridge in your room. You can save money that way.

The Spa:This is probably one of the coolest Spas I have ever been to. It is VERY clean, and is set in such a cool environment. My wife and I got the couples massage, the first a Lomi Lomi and the second a Swedish. Both were amazing, and probably the best massages we ever had. We were relaxed and recharged. The Lomi Lomi was awesome and I highly recommend it.

The Adventure Trips: Again we did the Adventure Arenal package which I highly recommend. We did the Zip line with SkyTrek, white water rafting, volcano hike, and hot springs tour. All very good tours and worth it. I just wish we had more time to do more. Our favorites were the Zip line and the rafting. All the tour guides are awesome, and incredibly knowledgable.

The Grounds and Scenery: We had some of the most amazing weather. We were there from Feb 3-Feb 8. Almost every day we had a perfect crystal clear view of the volcano and the breathtaking scenery that the hotel offers. It seemed so hard to believe that a place this perfect can really exist on earth and it is not heaven. The grounds are superbly manicured and are breathtaking.

I have very few complaints but I do have just a few. My first would be that the hotel advertises internet service in the rooms. We were in a room at the top of the resort in which the internet would not reach our room. Not a big deal at all, we could use our iPads at the pool and everywhere else, it just bothered me that it was advertised and wasn't available to us because of the location of the room. The second would be about children. I understand that this is no fault of the hotel, but people, PLEASE DO NOT BRING YOUR CHILDREN! This is a romantic couples/adult style resort. Our first 3 days were amazing and peaceful and it was only adults. While sitting in the pool one afternoon, a couple families came with about 5 or 6 young children. You could see everyone at the pool looking at each other and all thinking, "Oh dear god please no". The kids were being kids, having fun canon balling and splashing like crazy, but they were splashing us and others at the pool bar and all around. This resort offers nothing for children. This is a resort for adults. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN AT HOME- They can really ruin the experience.

I would stay here again in a heartbeat. I loved this place, scenery, staff, food, room... It was amazing. Top notch and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a romantic get away. I was refreshed and recharged, but did not want to leave.

Room Tip: If you have the money upgrade to the Nayara Suite.. It is so amazing you will just laugh when you se...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (916)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We were going to stay at this hotel (and were very much looking forward to it!) when we had to abruptly change our plans due to a substandard rental car left that us stranded (beware - do not rent from Economy Rent a Car). Nayara was kind enough to allow us to cancel on very short notice without penalty, so kudos to Nayara staff and management for being decent, understanding people. Hope to make it to your hotel someday!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KuwaitiBob
NYC
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Absolutely beautiful, great location, wonderful staff, fabulous food. It's like staying in a wonderful garden with birds, flowers. Outdoor hot tubs, pools and very helpful staff, Lindsey was terrific. Breakfast and dinner are served in a beautiful outdoor setting, the sushi restaurant is also great, food is well prepared and beautifully presented. couldn't have asked for a better hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room where you can view Arenal volcano from your terrace
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Danville, California
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights during a family vacation with our 2 kids who were 5 and 3 at the time. The resort was beautiful with a clear view of Arenal Volcano from the dining area. There were several parrots that freely perched in the common area which our kids loved. The rooms are very spacious and well appointed casitas set in a lush garden. My only complaint was that the rooms were dimly lit but I suppose this adds to the romantic appeal of this place for couples. Just wish it was a little brighter for young families. Having said that, this place was just beautiful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Our family of 4 (kids age 10 & 11) stayed at Nayara for our last two nights in Costa Rica. I guess you could say we saved the best for last. My expectations for Nayara were high based upon all the Tripadvisor reviews and my research on line and I was not disappointed. I have often used Tripadvisor to help in my planning, but this is the first time I'm writing a review because I was so impressed with the hotel. The place was absolutely beautiful and all the amenities were perfect. We took advantage of it all, swimming at the pool, drinking wine at the nostalgia wine bar, eating sushi at Sushi Amor and having a massage at the spa. Everything was top notch and we can't say enough about the lovely staff too. Our room was beautiful and very comfortable for the 4 of us with an amazing view of the volcano. We stayed at 2 nights at Tabacon prior to coming to Nayara because Nayara was fully booked. I can say without question if you are debating between the two properties, pick Nayara. You can get a day pass to Tabacon to check out the hot springs, Nayara is head and shoulders above Tabacon in every aspect & less expensive on top of it all! Please say hello to Elquin in the wine bar if you go, we'll be back too!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Welcome drinks and cold towels upon arrival, hot tubs in private surrounded with plants, jacuzzi on a terrace, a parrot living in its garden, view of Arenal volcano from your bed... I can't think about anything what went wrong during our stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Before deciding on Nayara, we were looking to stay at a resort that wasn't like your typical resort but something that had a more "Costa Rican" feel. We really wanted to stay in a "hut", but a luxurious one of course. If this is what you're looking for, Nayara is the place. Nayara's rooms are spacious with an outdoor shower and jacuzzi. The resort is intimate and cozy - you'll feel right at home.

Besides the fact that the resort is beautiful, the staff and service is what really sets this resort apart from all the other resorts. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. We've stay at some nice resorts before but have NEVER received service like Nayara. We were amazed at how accommodating the staff was with booking activities, changing rooms (our travel agent failed to tell them we were there for our honeymoon), and almost ANYTHING you can think of. If you ask them, they will figure it out.

While staying at the resort, we spoke with other guests and ALL the guests were amazed with the service at Nayara. If you are deciding between Nayara and Tabacon - go with Nayara. It costs less and we heard from other guests who stayed at both, preferred Nayara. If you want to visit the famous Tabacon hot springs, you can always do a day or night trip to the spa which is only about 10 minutes away from Nayara.

We also got a mud massage at the Nayara spa and we enjoyed it. Definitely a must while at Nayara.

Also dined in the main dining hall and loved the food. We got the package which included breakfast and dinner but if you don't get the package, the prices aren't that bad at all. Food at the pool surprisingly had great prices also - from $7-$15.

Nayara is a definite MUST. You will NOT bed disappointed. We are planning to go back with a group of friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
The Springs Resort and Spa
#6 of 65 in Arenal Volcano National Park
5.0 of 5 bubbles 2,328 reviews
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Sp...
#7 of 60 in La Fortuna de San Carlos
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa
#11 of 60 in La Fortuna de San Carlos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,343 reviews

Been to Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens? Share your experiences!