Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens
Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$177
$165
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$244
Hotel El Silencio del Campo(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$173
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$332
Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$204
$199
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$407
$180
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $226/night.

Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$110
$99
$293
$256
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$286
$168
Travelocity
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $214/night.

Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$385
$157
Orbitz.com
3,571 results
All reviewswine baroutdoor showerour honeymooncasita deluxecosta ricasushi restaurantarenal volcanoamor locoaltamira restaurantgranola barsprivate deckmain restaurantgolf cartwine pairing dinnerswim up barzip liningguacamole
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

We spent the 2nd leg of our trip at Nayara, it was by far the best place we stayed in Costa Rica. The food was excellent, the drinks were reasonable, and the staff was more than accommodating. There is a real feeling that you are getting more than what you paid for at Nayara. The staff would set up tours or transportation for you upon request. The wine bar was exceptional. When we go back to Costa Rica there is no question where we will be staying, Nayara!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We just spent 3 days at the Nayara and it was fantastic. Though this Hotel is a bit pricey compared to others, you get what you pay for in every way. From the moment we arrived until checkout, we were treated first class. The rooms were gorgeous as are the grounds. The facility is immaculate in terms of cleanliness. The staff knew our names the first day (family of 4) and couldn't do enough for us. We ate at both he sushi restaurant and Altamira-food was excellent at both. The menus were diverse so that everyone could find something to enjoy. The guacamole prepared table side for dinner was excellent. Tours were excellent, Housekeeping excellent. Bell service excellent. We will definetely return and I see this as becoming one of those unique places that you always want to return.

Room Tip: from what I could tell, all are excellent. We were in unit 31 and has a great view of the volcano.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KenfromNJ
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel is absolutely GORGEOUS...but the service was not up to par as I would have expected for such a highly rated hotel. Some staff members seemed annoyed by questions...especially a particular waiter who worked in the Altamira Restaurant...wish I remembered his name... Service/friendliness just seems so forced to me...just not what I expected. Though I could understand how those less traveled would think this place is top notch.

If you want absolute beauty...this is the place for you...rooms are gorgeous and prices seem fair...minus the wine list. Also noticed that they DO NOT clean their tables well...at...all. If the sun hits them just right...you can see how disgusting they are...that part was gross and I found myself washing my own table down to get the old cup rings off and crusty food spots.

In terms of getting there from either airport...it is very curvy but absolutely gorgeous...and we learned a ton from our driver when we came up from the Central Pacific coast. Also thought it was funny when the pool "opens" at 10am...that really just means the guys shows up at ten and then asks you to wait until he gets everything set up...which I thought was a joke as my husband and I were ready for a drink at 10am...a little lack luster on a lot of things. Almost like they just bank on the beauty and do not truly care about TOP notch service.

Room Tip: Can not go wrong with any of them...even the "far" ones as the walk is absolutely stunning.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren R
Jorge G, Manager at Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Nayara.
On behalf of the entire Nayara family we are so sorry that you only stayed with us one night and we did not have the opportunity to create the entire experience we strive to deliver.
Please accept my most sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations in the different areas you mentioned. Please know that we are sharing your comments with the team, stressing their importance.
I truly hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Jorge Gutierrez
Resident Manager

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is probably - or for sure - the best place we ever stayed at. Service from the beginning until the very end was just perfect. Every staff member, from reception to SPA to restaurant, was just so friendly - naturally friendly - and trained well. Perfectionism is important at the Arenal Nayara, and you can feel everywhere.The food at the restaurant (main one) was always superb in terms of quality of food, theme and decoration.
Housekeeping was the best we ever had, room super clean. Rooms: WOW - whirlpool at terrasse with vulcano view, big, modern, outside and inside shower, all decorated with love and style, yet not over-decorated.
The prices for food, minibar etc: all very modest and fair.
We cannot recommend this place high enough and should we ever have the chance to return, we gladly will!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Nicole08
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were booked to stay for our honeymoon at the springs hotel...we were shocked at all the positive reviews that hotel had because the service was horrible and we felt like we were at Disney Land (honeymooners beware!!). We decided that we couldn't stay at the springs because it would have ruined the end of our honeymoon so we called at 4 P.M the Nayara and that's when our honeymoon started!

The Nayara-
My wife and I have travelled all over the world and have never stayed at a place which had a nicer and more friendly staff. From the moment we arrived we were treated like stars. Even with the last minute reservation they still made the effort to put rose peddles all over our room... The facilities were perfect as was the room. The restaurant was fabulous as well.

During our stay we ran into the manager who knew who we were and wanted to ensure we had the best stay possible.

Believe it or not we were so happy with the experience that I am writing this review from the pool area on our last day!

If your looking for the best hotel for your vacation or honeymoon you can ONLY stay here!

• Stayed: February 2013