We stayed at Nayara for 2 nights last January and had a lovely stay.
Excellent Spa (Hot stone treatment), quality food at the restaurant (we had dinner there on both nights) and efficient staff, who went out of their way to solve our problems on arrival.
Our check-in was fast, with great explanations and attentive staff. We were then taken to our Suite, which did have volcano views as previously required in our booking. The room was amazing and it seemed like the perfect ending to our trip around Costa Rica.
We had lunch at Nayara, which was beautifully presented and of good quality, and decided to have a relaxing afternoon in our Suite. We filled the jacuzzi and once we started the jets, hundreds of big ants got out of them, covering all the water. We called reception, and they inmediately sent someone with a spray, thinking it was just a bug problem...That was "not enough"... We had an ant army and they had decided to set up their colony in one of the jacuzzi jets.
The assistant manager came to our room and took himself a few pictures of our jacuzzi, now covered in ants. Even though they were fully booked, he managed to move us to Suite 50, on the top, which was much appreciated. All in all, we had lost the whole afternoon, which was supposed to be a relaxing one. As a compensation we were offered a lovely dinner and in order to forget that nasty experience received delicious strawberries covered in dark chocolate once we got out of the Spa. That is service!
We deeply enjoyed our stay at Nayara but would like to mention two less positive aspects:
- the swimming pool was too small even though it never felt crowded, as people went out on excursions.
- the check-out was much less welcoming than the check-in. Nobody took care of our luggage at reception, nobody asked about our car and nobody came down to say goodbye. Maybe everybody was busy at that time, but we felt a little bit disappointed, not feeling as if we were leaving friends behind or someone you hope to meet soon again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located in the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park