We had a wonderful stay at Nayara. Getting there, in a THICK fog, during a 3 hour drive was a stressful challenge, but well worth it. Everything that has been said about the outstanding service and beautiful grounds is true, so I'll try to touch on other aspects. It was our 1 year anniversary and the hotel did many special touches to make it memorable - a bottle of champagne, rose petals on the bed with a 'Happy Anniversary' sign, and a cake! Our room was 2 Queen beds, which was odd to give a couple over a King bed, but we decided to just stay. We found a couple who was in our room who moved after they requested a king bed instead. The pictures on the website are a bit deceiving size wise. They are big rooms, however, not nearly as large as the photos make them appear.
We were in Room 11 - I do not think it was hotel, but there was construction nearby that was extremely loud. You can understand my disappointment when I expected to relax on the balcony and read to nature sounds, and instead was only met with loud construction and chainsaw noises. It is worth asking the hotel when booking what was going on with this and request a room further away. Since we werent staying long and didnt plan on spending too many afternoons in the room, we just let it be, but looking back, it would have been nice to be able to nap or relax in our room during the day - which the construction did not allow.
Our wine dinner was our favorite. Elquin did a wonderful job pairing the wines with a delicious 5 course meal. We spent another night with Elquin in the wine bar. You can sample all of the wines as you please at a reasonable price. Elquin was friendly and made us a delicious drink that only he knows how to make... asking for it at the wine bar is a must - it is called "The Dancer". Elquin was our favorite staff member!
The spa was wonderful!!! We tried the 'Volcanic mud massage', not really knowing what to expect, and we were SO glad we did. It was a wonderful massage with the mud, that felt like warm oil with an exfoliate, followed by a shower after.
As far as 'must dos' in Costa Rica- I would recommend the Sky Adventure (the Trek and the Tram), the Arenal Hanging Bridges, hike to La Fortuna waterfall and dinner at Don Rafinos. It rained every day, so be prepared. We also never seen saw the even 1/2 of the volcano because of the clouds. Everything was so beautiful all around it didnt even matter.
The Nayara was great overall, the size of the hotel and the level of service seemed only possible at the Nayara. All of the small touches here and there made it stand out amongst the others. The staff went above and beyond for their guests! We would absolutely stay there again, and recommend it to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located in the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park