Stayed mid-November for three nights (definitely not long enough, by the way). The drive here was a little rough for me due to the switchback roads and elevation changes, but when we arrived at the hotel after the drive from San Jose - we were in heaven. The staff greeted us with cool towels and a cold drink. Our check in process was smooth and welcoming. Lindsey answered a few of our questions and then Esteban drove us around the property on their golf cart explaining where we could find certain things. We loved the room - two beds, one indoor and one outdoor shower, plenty of space for both mine and my best friend's luggage. Plus, free calls to the US absolutely made us and our families feel more secure.
The breakfast buffet was good. We loved their fresh pastries (guava filled puff pastry - soooo good). Lunch and dinner were both very good, and affordable. Juan Carlos was our favorite restaurant employee - he made our experience very comfortable and fun. Johnny at the pool bar is also fun to chat with as he mixes a fantastic drink for you. Overall, we were very happy with the food options/prices. Also - the wine bar is fun and definitely worth it. We did not go to the sushi restaurant on site as I don't like sushi, but we heard from many of the other guests that it was great.
All told - this hotel is everything that you hear (all the good stuff at least). Each employee loves what they do and treats each guest with kindness and warmth (sending our thanks again to Lindsey, Esteban, Johnny, and Juan Carlos - you all made our stay so special, thank you!). We stayed at another hotel on the beach after leaving Nayara and wished, the entire time, that we'd just stayed. This hotel does not disappoint!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Spa & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located on the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park