“A wonderful, wonderful place - and great value!”

Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens
GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“A wonderful, wonderful place - and great value!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Myself and my Fiancé (both in mid-late 20s) stayed for 3 nights in April 2014. We absolutely loved it. We were in a 'Nayara Suite' and they are wonderful. Fantastic king size bed; really comfortable! Sensational bathroom with two double showers (indoor and out); great balcony with jacuzzi bath, hammock, table with two chairs and two lounge chairs!

The most amazing thing for couples is the privacy; you feel totally secluded in your villa (they are completely detached and surrounded by foliage). In the foliage there are a lot of humming birds - I became a big fan!

The food was fantastic, really lovely! There was a man who made fresh Guacamole at our table. The wine bar is so much fun; although certainly leads to drinking more wine! You use a card to get as much wine as you like; including tasters.

If you are going to the Arenal Volcano area as a couple then I could not recommend the place more highly. My only slight grip, if I had one, is that it really is a couples hotel and having children in it is a little annoying, but only a little - and it seemed the overwhelming majority of guests were couples.

We needed to leave the hotel at about 5am (before breakfast starts) and they went to the trouble to make us a special breakfast to take with us - really personalised service and much appreciated.

Its beautiful, romantic and has great service and very friendly & attentive staff. Also book early because I wanted 5 nights but they only had availability for 3 - no surprise, it is a popular place.

We will be back in 2014 and I can't wait

Room Tip: If you can afford it, go for a Nayara Suite - they are fantastic.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (917)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We just returned from Costa Rica and stayed 3 nights at the Nayara Hotel. I can not say enough great things about this hotel it is beautiful, safe and wonderful employee's. I would live here if I could. I have traveled to a lot of places and this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in. Our room had an outdoor bath tub and shower, double waterfall shower heads, a sitting room, and a comfortable bed with netting around it. The property sits at the base of the volcano and that was our view every morning at breakfast and the entire property if BEAUTIFUL and very ROMANTIC. The employee's were all wonderful and very attentive and helpful. We hope to return when the volcano is active with lava and staying at this same hotel. We went to the hanging bridges, the waterfall, and hiked the volcano. Saw more animals at the hanging bridges then we did at the Manuel Antonio park. We were broken into at our hotel in Manuel Antonio and never felt safe like we did at the Nayara and in La Fortuna. If you go to Costa Rica you have to stay at the Nayara!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Wilmette, Illinois
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Nayara is spectacular in all aspects!. My husband and I went to Nayara for a week to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. If you are looking for a romantic and beautiful resort this is an amazing hotel.
From the moment we were picked up outside at the airport, the vacation went perfectly. The staff was fantastic. The food was superb; the main dinner menu was excellent (along with a special menu available every night) and the breakfast buffet was bountiful and delicious.
Our room was GREAT! The website gives a good overview of the rooms, but the rooms are bigger and more spectacular than the photos.
The views of the volcano were amazing, and the vegetation was gorgeous.Flowers abound and you are surrounded by lush greenery.

We did five excursions, two we did on our own, two we did with Desafio Tours, and The Proyecto Axis half day tour and volunteer we did directly through Proyecto Axis, they picked us up at our hotel and drove us both ways. Again, this was worth every penny.

Eco Termales Hot Springs and La Fortuna Waterfall we did on our own. We took a taxi to each location. The Hanging Bridges and Cano Negro Wildlife Tour we did with Desafio. The tours were great and worth every penny. Proyecto Axis half day tour and volunteer is a wild animal rescue center. Great experience and loved every minute.
My husband and I were thrilled with the decision we made not to have a car. The stress of driving would have put a damper on our vacation.
The hotel can book all tours. No issue with food or water, and everyone speaks English at the hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room # 49. Our room was at the opposite end of the hotel lobby and dining room. We we...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NancyGail
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights in Sept, 2012. We travel quite a bit and this has to be the best place we've ever stayed. The accomodations were wonderful, showering outdoors while it rains is unbelievable! My husband enjoyed his whirlpool bath each morning on the deck before I even got out of bed. The hammock on the deck was so comfortable, hard to stay awake while reading and the teak lounge chairs with foot stools extra comfy.

The room had his and her vanities with a huge walk-in shower with dual rain shower heads, if you preferred to shower indoors. The four poster bed was so comfortable and beautiful I re-created it in our master bedroom when we returned home.

Service was unbelievable! The resident manager, Jorge Gutierrez, was always there asking if there was anything we needed.

Food was delicious! Our rate included breakfast and dinner, we took ham and cheese sandwiches and homemade granola bars from the breakfast bar and never had to worry with lunch. Also, enjoying lunch on the deck with the view of the volcano was terrific.

I must mention Nancy at the Sushi Amor bar, she was wonderful and remembered our favorite drink after one day. Also, Carmen did an excellent job with housekeeping and left us a beautiful note "Stay happy-God bless you" on our final night.

Even though we experienced the earthquake while we were there and the 3 hour(very curvy )drive back to the airport caused me severe carsickness, I will always remember Nayara as one of the best places we've ever stayed.

Thanks Jorge and your staff for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: We had suite 38---fabulous view of Arenal.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank William H
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband I went for our honeymoon early May 2012 and had an amazing experience. The rooms were absolutely beautiful and large. The service was fantastic and the food was delicious! It was the best guac I've ever had. I cannot recommend this place enough. Our travel agent originally booked us for a room with two queen beds and no view of the volcano, we called the front desk and asked for a room with a better view and they switched us as soon as there was availability.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the volcano make sure to specify when booking as some of the newer rooms in th...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laurie S
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We spent a delightful 10 days at the Nayara. It's simply beautiful. The gardens our outstanding, the staff is dedicated and highly motivated to see that their guests are pampered and well taken care of. The menu is varied and the food is excellent. The rooms are spacious and charming. The hotel offers numerous excursions with very knowledgeable tour guides. We can recommend this resort without hesitation and be the good Lord willing we may return for another visit sometime in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bsha4
Jorge G, Owner at Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear Bill and Betty,

I want to thank you for choosing Nayara as your vacation destination as well as for the generous message you've sent to Trip Advisor.

It was a great pleasure for me to have shared moments with you two and I enjoyed listening to the very interesting stories in your life.

I wish that the Good Lord grants you many more years in good health and happiness and I look forward to having the pleasure of meeting
you once again in Nayara.

A warm embrace,

Angelo
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 27, 2012

After reading all the reviews about this place, I decided that my boyfriend and I should stay here on our trip to Arenal and what a beautiful place this was. It was a little difficult to find it at first being that we were driving on our own from Liberia, however once we found it we did not want to leave. We had a deluxe suite which was a bit larger than then regular suites, with dinner and breakfast included in our rate. After enterting our room which are spectacular we were giddy with joy. The hot tub on the balcony (which overlooks the volcano) was a relaxing way to end our day after a long car ride. The little touches the hotel provides is what made this so special. The turn down service (they give you cupcakes), the fruit basket they bring by in the morning, the umbrellas outisde the door in case it rains, the separate sinks for men and women on other ends of the room :)), were all a big plus. The onsite dinner was also good, however the breakfast the next morning even more amazing definitely don't skip on this). They had everything from gallo pinto, to chicken, to sandwiches, to create your own omlettes. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
The Springs Resort and Spa
The Springs Resort and Spa
#6 of 62 in Arenal Volcano National Park
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Sp...
#7 of 57 in La Fortuna de San Carlos
#5 of 57 in La Fortuna de San Carlos
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa
#11 of 57 in La Fortuna de San Carlos

Been to Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens? Share your experiences!