“Costa Rica at its best”

Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We spent a delightful 10 days at the Nayara. It's simply beautiful. The gardens our outstanding, the staff is dedicated and highly motivated to see that their guests are pampered and well taken care of. The menu is varied and the food is excellent. The rooms are spacious and charming. The hotel offers numerous excursions with very knowledgeable tour guides. We can recommend this resort without hesitation and be the good Lord willing we may return for another visit sometime in the future.

2  Thank bsha4
Jorge G, Owner at Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear Bill and Betty,

I want to thank you for choosing Nayara as your vacation destination as well as for the generous message you've sent to Trip Advisor.

It was a great pleasure for me to have shared moments with you two and I enjoyed listening to the very interesting stories in your life.

I wish that the Good Lord grants you many more years in good health and happiness and I look forward to having the pleasure of meeting
you once again in Nayara.

A warm embrace,

Angelo

There are newer reviews for Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens

Reviewed September 27, 2012

After reading all the reviews about this place, I decided that my boyfriend and I should stay here on our trip to Arenal and what a beautiful place this was. It was a little difficult to find it at first being that we were driving on our own from Liberia, however once we found it we did not want to leave. We had a deluxe suite which was a bit larger than then regular suites, with dinner and breakfast included in our rate. After enterting our room which are spectacular we were giddy with joy. The hot tub on the balcony (which overlooks the volcano) was a relaxing way to end our day after a long car ride. The little touches the hotel provides is what made this so special. The turn down service (they give you cupcakes), the fruit basket they bring by in the morning, the umbrellas outisde the door in case it rains, the separate sinks for men and women on other ends of the room :)), were all a big plus. The onsite dinner was also good, however the breakfast the next morning even more amazing definitely don't skip on this). They had everything from gallo pinto, to chicken, to sandwiches, to create your own omlettes. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vpersaud82
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We just got back from Costa Rica couple days ago and our stay at Nayara was more than spectacular. From the moment we arrived to the day we left, we felt like celebrities. Their customer service was beyond comprehension. Everything had such a personal touch to it. Food was amazing, all the activities they provided and of course the awesome view. We stayed at the Nayara Suite (room 28) and I think it was their best room. We could see the Arenal Volcano right from our bedroom. Everything was very clean and also each and every staff member was courteous, friendly and always smiling. Everyone greeted you with a big hello anytime you saw them. We could not have picked a better place. We have been to many many great hotels but the service at Nayara beats them all. Costa Rica overall is a very happy country. We recommend Nayara to everyone. It was better than Tabacon (we went their for hot springs), as we did not find it friendly at all. We even met one of the owners and he was extremely nice.
We would go back there in a heartbeat. It was truly our home away from home :)

Niyati & Rob

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, but Nayara Suite is amazing. Room 28 to be precise.
3  Thank nitzbaby
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I am not even sure where to start with this hotel but to say it is Perfection! All four nights I was there, I felt I received personalized service. Victor - you are awesome! I mentioned to him upon check-in that I hoped to see a sloth while in Costa Rica and he informed me the following evening that they had located one on the property. He even went so far to drive me to the location on a golf cart, at night, called maintenance to bring a large spot light, so I could see it. I also have to give huge kudos to the gentleman at the wine bar (sorry I forgot his name) where I ended up spending most nights. (If you ever make it to NYC and want a tour, let me know.) To anyone looking for a great dinner, book one of the wine pairing dinners, it was fantastic! Right on par with many of the NYC and Chicago dinners I have had. Also loved having the wine dispenser system and quiet atmosphere to relax in after activities every day. Staff members from the front desk to breakfast to happy hour would address you by your first name on a regular basis.

I can honestly say that the photos on the website are true to form for this hotel. I stayed in the Nayara Suite (even though I was by myself) and absolutely loved it. The balcony was surrounded by tropical plants and flowers yet had a great view of the volcano (when weather permitted). I certainly took advantage of the hammock, lounge chairs, and jacuzzi tub on the deck while I was there. This hotel offered a perfect mix of activities during the day with relaxation at night. I even signed up for a hot stone massage after my horseback riding.

In addition to everything above, I was shocked and happy that the hotel manager personally talked to me three times during my stay. In todays' world, this is very unusual. This is what a top five star hotel can bring to you.

I heard that they were going to be expanding and basically doubling their size. I can only hope that this does not take away from their personal experience and, since I often travel by myself, I hope it never turns into a couples only resort.

If you have any interest in visiting this region of Costa Rica.. stay here, without a doubt, stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank SoloGal2010
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had the opportunity to stay at Nayara recently....we found the the service to be impeccable, the staff very friendly and helpful and Resident Manager; Jorge Gutierrez could not have been more attentive. The grounds, vistas and views are beautiful. We were surrounded by nature and beauty everywhere! Had the pleasure of spotting several hummingbirds right from our room balcony as well as another beautiful tropical bird I was not familiar with. The Spa treatments were first class......we would definetively return to Nayara Hotel and recommend it to our friends and family. In particular enjoyed the wine bar (staff member; Romeo made great recomendations) and the latin-influenced sushi was novel and delicious!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Loved this place from the moment we drove up! The front door service, housekeeping, dining staff were out of this world. The spa was one of the best I've ever had and I'm a massage therapist. I'll have to up my game because Yadira, my therapist, raised the bar! Very romantic, beautiful views, and of course, great rooms! We loved it!

1  Thank arnie615
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Every review promised a romantic paradise, and they were right! We stayed 8 days total. The first 3 nights were in one of the smaller casitas, and we actually enjoyed it more! Both rooms were beautiful. However, our first room was closer to the front of the property, where the restaurant, pool, and lobby are located. Therefore, we were able to easily zip back to the room to change in and out of swimsuits ( for the jacuzzis and pool). Also, walking back from the restaurant or after a tour was quick and easy. Our room had an unobstucted view of the volcano. Most importantly, the private balcony faced AWAY from the path. Therefore, we could see no other rooms nor hear any people from our casita. So private and secluded. In contrast, our upgraded suite that we had for the last 4 nights seemed less private. It was at the back of the property. However, like most of the rooms at the back, the balcony faces the path. Therefore, even though you are still tucked away behind beautiful greenery, you can hear the people and golf carts going by. Also, we had a couple of taller trees partially blocking our view. The room was bigger (2vanities and a larger indoor shower). And again, both were BEAUTIFUL! However, we preferred the flowers, privacy, and view of our first casita. The staff was amazing! We learned day 1 though that any tip left on credit card is split between all staff. Cash goes to your specific waiter, or bartender. We were thankful to have brought lots of cash. Being in the restaurant & hospitality business, we tend to be a bit obsessive about tipping well and knowing where it goes. Couldn't recommend this hotel more. We will be back. So romantic and so perfect in every way!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony that faces away from the footpath.
1  Thank TheWashingtons
The Springs Resort and Spa
The Springs Resort and Spa
#6 of 63 in Arenal Volcano National Park
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Sp...
#6 of 58 in La Fortuna de San Carlos
#3 of 58 in La Fortuna de San Carlos
Volcano Lodge & Springs
Volcano Lodge & Springs
#15 of 58 in La Fortuna de San Carlos

Been to Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens? Share your experiences!