When we arrived, we were greeted by friendly staff. We forgot to mention in the reservation that we needed feather free bedding but they were able to accommodate the change. They asked us to wait an hour for them to prepare the room so we went to the restaurant for lunch. When we arrived at our room, we found out the reason it took so long to accommodate the change was because they had decorated our bed with flowers and towels in heart shapes and spelled love in petals. It was amazing to come into room and see. There was also a complimentary bottle of champagne with two glasses waiting for us.
The rooms were amazing. We were in a suite room with a porch that included a Jacuzzi, a table with two chairs, a hammock and two Adirondack type chairs with foot stools. From our porch, we had an amazing view of Arenal volcano. The view was breathtaking that we spent much time there. There were two showers--one indoor and one outdoor (private). The water pressure was strong and there were two different sink areas with mirrors to get ready.
The staff helped us select different excursions that met our needs and were a lot of fun. We were glad that we chose the excursions that we did. There was a phone that dialed directly to the states for free and free internet however we did not use them.
The food in the main restaurant was delicious. We were not disappointed at all. The sushi bar had amazing ceviches, especially the tuna. I wished I had asked for the recipe. The sushi itself was okay. I was told that the sauce on top of the salmon roll was supposed to be spicy and it was not at all. The rainbow roll was good but nothing special. Food was not included in the hotel room stay and we found the prices slightly high for sushi. Yet considering the fish was brought in from the coasts, it was not unreasonable.
We did not make it to the pool or spa during our stay so I can not rate them other than say the areas looked great. When we left, we were wishing we would have extended our stay there longer. The place was special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Spa & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located on the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park