Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens
Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$316
$224
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$299
$213
$201
Hotel Lavas del Arenal(La Fortuna de San Carlos)(Great Value!)
$200
$85
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$465
$138
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Montana de Fuego Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$109
$106
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$113
$96
  • Breakfast included
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$177
$92
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$103
$86
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Rancho Cerro Azul(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$72
$66
3,521 results
All reviewswine baroutdoor showerour honeymooncasita deluxesushi restaurantcosta ricaarenal volcanoamor locoaltamira restaurantgranola barsprivate deckmain restaurantgolf cartwine pairing dinnerswim up barzip liningguacamole
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 8, 2011

What an AMAZING hotel! I just got back from Nayara and was in awe that a hotel could be so spectacular. I went with my boyfriend and we stayed at one of the Nayara Suites, in one of the most beautiful rooms I have ever seen. This room in a hotel in Europe or in the U.S would go for over $1,000 a night. My boyfriend is an architect, and he could not stop raving about the fine details that went into the the whole hotel. The best part of Nayara, however, is the incredibly attentive staff. They went out of their way to cater to our every need without being intrusive. (And trust me, we're not exactly a low-maintenance couple.) The food, as with everything else in the hotel, was very reasonably priced, and I can honestly say that it was the best we ate in Costa Rica by a longshot. The wine bar is so cool that we went there every night during our 3 night stay to sample different wine varieties and play with the i-pads. I've never stayed at a hotel that provides i-pads, so that was pretty awesome. All in all, incredible hotel, and I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

I just returned from my trip to Nayara. The hotel is breathtakingly beautiful and without a doubt the most romantic place I have ever stayed! From the time of my arrival to the morning of my check-out, the staff was not only helpful but went beyond their call of duty to make sure that every minute of my stay was perfect.

The rooms in the hotel are villa-style with wrap-around decks complete with a table, set of lounge chairs, hammock, and outdoor bathtub with surrounding curtains for privacy. The view from the room (and from every other angle of the hotel) is unlike anything else I have ever seen. Nayara overlooks the Arenal Volcano-a sight that is difficult to describe in words since it is truly an experience to see. Needless to say, it blew my breath away and made me never want to leave!

The restaurant was gorgeous and the food was not only fresh but absolutely delicious (and I'm a VERY picky eater). The menu is great for both meat lovers and vegetarians! Aside from the restaurant, guests could also dine by the pool bar (which had amazing drinks!) and the wine bar (which was incredible). Whether you know wine or not, the wine bar is perfect for all types of people because electronic wine dispensers allow you to try all types of wine before filling your glass. Or if you're in the mood for a mixed drink, a different dining menu, or maybe a place to hang out-listen to music-or play a board game, the wine bar is the place to be.

The spa at the hotel is unreal! I had a few different massages during my stay and each was unbelievable. I left feeling completely relaxed and at ease. To top everything off, for the last night of my stay I had the private dinner. It was truly the most romantic experience I have ever had- private chef, scattered rose petals, lit candles- the perfect ambiance to complete the perfect vacation! All in all I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Whether you are a couple or a family with children- the hotel is perfect for everyone and Costa Rica is filled with activities for all ages and personalities.

1  Thank JaimeJoy
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We visited Nayara on the last leg of our honeymoon and after leaving the beautiful Harmony Hotel in Nosara (with amazing staff and incredible food) Nayara was a bit of a let down.

As beautiful as the rooms and views are, it has a very American, Cruise-Ship feel to it. It's almost as if they are catering to Americans a little too much - not sure about the rest of you, but if I'm going out of the country to a beautiful place like Costa Rica, I want an authentic experience. They played horrible early 90s music at breakfast/lunch/dinner which it made it all even worse!

The menu was boring, the food was average and we felt (more than once) that we were ignored by the staff. We had a much better experience by going into La Fortuna and eating locally.

One thing that was lovely was the spa - amazing massages and a very serene atmosphere.

All in all, again, stunning views of the volano and beautiful rooms, but definitely not worth the money.

Room Tip: For an unobstructed view of the hotel make sure you request this!
1  Thank mbgage
azaragovia, Manager at Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2011

We are very sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations during your recent stay. At Nayara our only priority is our guests total satisfaction so we take your comments very seriously and will try even harder going forward.
I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you so we can better understand where we failed you.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

This hotel was spectacular including the service!! We went here for our 20th anniversary and loved every minute of it. It is so beautiful that NBC filmed Love in the Wild there!!!! What you see online is what you get!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brimegama
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Arenal Nayara was one of the most AMAZING hotels my wife and I have ever been too. This is the PERFECT hotel for any couple or honeymooners. We also recommend for groups of friends who want a luxurious getaway. Our moms are already planning a girls trip because they loved our stories and pictures of the hotel.

We were greeted with a cool towel and papaya juice upon arrival (cool towel felt amazing when you aren't used to the humidity). Francisco, one of the staff members, drove us in a cart to our room and explained everything we needed to know about the hotel i.e. wine bar, restaurant, pool hours, look out points etc. He even showed us a family of bats which was neat to see!

When we walked into the room, it was simply breath taking. Our bed was made up with towel designs of two birds shaping a heart with rose petals all over the bed, a complimentary bottle of champagne, walk in rain shower, outdoor shower, private secluded balcony with a hammock, spa, and lounge chairs. We could not have asked for a more romantic setting for our honeymoon!

The staff was top of the line, when we needed help in our room, it felt as if it was only 15 seconds and they were at our door. We could not have asked for a better honeymoon location!! Thank you!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 8 :)
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple