Tripadvisor

from $134.30
More Info
from $225.00
More Info
All reviews tortillas coffee tour sugar cane juice organic farm coffee beans learn how green papaya tortilla making farm tour fruit educational experience private tour family farm costa rica wonderful tour casado would highly recommend this tour
Selected filters
Reviewed July 30, 2019 via mobile

My two adult children and I were seeking a tour of a coffee farm that would give us a hands-on experience and Arenal Vida Campesina greatly exceeded our experience. This is a small, family-owned organic farm where they produce primarily coffee but also cacao, sugar cane, and numerous fruits and vegetables. Jose was an incredible guide, teaching us much about the growing and harvesting process as well as agri-commerce of Costa Rica. We picked and tasted along the way and also had fun making sugar cane juice and roasting coffee beans. The tour ended with a delightful coffee tasting and education about how to better appreciate coffee. This tour required walking but it was a rolling terrain. I would highly recommend it for all ages!

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed July 8, 2019

We made two visits to the farm. Once for lunch, the second time for the tour. Andres is a delight and so very, very knowledgeable. We learned so much. Very, very interesting. Beautiful grounds. Lunch was outstanding!

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank Donald G
Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

We went on a coffee tour with Andres, but it turned out to be about so much more than coffee! We learned about all sorts of plants that grown in Costa Rica, which made the rest of our trip more fun when we recognized things we learned about. We even got to try a lot of plants picked right from the plant— if they were edible, we got to try it! We of course learned all about the process of picking and roasting coffee, and it ended with one of the best cups of coffee I’ve ever had— we bought a bag to go. I would highly recommend this tour for anyone visiting the area.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed May 2, 2019

Very informative and family run , the nice envrionment of costa rican originality ,food very orignal and well presented

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

The farm and tortilla making were a little too commercialized for me. The grounds were beautiful but I thought it would be more of an intimate affair...until the big coach unloaded with a bunch of tortillas. It was a good experience just more touristy than I hoped.

Date of experience: April 2019