If you're like me, you might be reluctant to have booked a hotel with so few reviews. From the pictures, it looked like the hotel was new, so new hotels generally mean everything is in good condition (beds, linens, etc.). So we booked for one night. (Yes, it does help if you speak some Spanish when communicating with the hotel.)
The hotel was a little tricky to find (it is about 1.5 miles off the road to the La Fortuna Waterfall.
After the 4 hour ride from San Jose, we were both ready to relax, have some drinks, and spend some time at the pool.
The pool is a little on the cool side, but, very clean, refreshing, and beautifully landscaped. There is no hot tub/jacuzzi here, so, it was a little chilly after a while.
After going into La Fortuna to look around, we decided that the hotel restaurant seemed like it might be the right call. We were so right. I had a great, huge Filet Mignon (wrapped in bacon -- with mashed potatoes and vegetables -- about $10!) and the g/f had shrimp scampi. Both plates were delicious. The service was first class--some of the best service we had during our stay in Costa Rica. They have a wide variety of Chilean wines for your drinking pleasure. They even had a Costa Rican guitar player that played romantic tunes during the dinner hour! What a treat! He was very good.
The rooms are really, really nice. Everything is brand new, the hotel is designed beautifully, the beds are soft, linens are new, pillows are supple.....what more can you ask for? I would hands down stay here again.
The front staff, mostly youthful, were very, very helpful. I time in the morning and at night talking to Luis at the front desk (in Spanish, of course) about everything from the development of the country, to Americans, to all of the tourists that come to the country, you name it. They have a great staff here, and really make service a high point in this place.
The hotel, I believe, was designed and owned by Germans. (Gotta love German construction.....), so expect so see a high percentage of Europeans.
All in all, this hotel was one of the high points on our trip. I highly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa is close to the Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna Waterfall, surrounded by the Cerro Chato Hill and Cerro los Perdidos mountain. Giving us an outstanding peace and harmony. Our distinctive "touch" is provided by the architectural harmony around the hotel. This colonial and rustic architecture has been reached with the delicious combination between wood, metal, color and wall texture, complemented with beautiful accessories. We offer personalized service beyond excellence to exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa Luna Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Luna Hotel And Spa
- Casa Luna Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park