Imagine sitting on your balcony, overlooking beautiful tropical gardens and with Arenal volcano in the background. This is what it is like staying at Casa Luna! We have enjoyed watching the toucans perching in the tall tree opposite our balcony, listened to the night-time frogs croaking whilst we have eaten our dinner, which, by the way was delicious, swam in the pool and generally had a good time. Added to which, the staff are a delight, helpful and polite. Even though this is the rainy season, we have still enjoyed our stay.
There is plenty to do in this area, especially if you are the outdoors type. Tours and activities can be booked at the hotel, taxis arranged and local advice dispensed. There are also spa facilities, but we did not feel the need to use these. It is a shame that more people do not use the restaurant at night, it is good. The rooms are clean, if a little basic, but the shower is good with plenty of hot water. One small criticism... There do not seem to be any comfy chairs here, but I'm beginning to think this is a common issue in Costa Rica! So my advice is, bring a cushion, especially if you are short!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa is close to the Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna Waterfall, surrounded by the Cerro Chato Hill and Cerro los Perdidos mountain. Giving us an outstanding peace and harmony. Our distinctive "touch" is provided by the architectural harmony around the hotel. This colonial and rustic architecture has been reached with the delicious combination between wood, metal, color and wall texture, complemented with beautiful accessories. We offer personalized service beyond excellence to exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Casa Luna Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Luna Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Casa Luna Hotel And Spa
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park