This was our first stop after arriving in Costa Rica and driving from San Jose. We arrived to a very warm welcome by the staff. The room was very clean, cool with a huge bathroom. Ideal for myself, my wife and 2 teenage daughters. The dinner was exceptional and good value. Breakfast was included and the fruit was amazing. The location was ideal for traveling to all the local sites, but I would recommend a 4x4 for sure. We rented through Thrifty and after a 45 minute negotiation I was able to get a good deal. (Get the Navigation System, and remember there are no physical addresses in Costa Rica, so work from GPS coordinates). We stayed for 3 nights and on day one drove to the Arenal Volcano national park about a 25 minute drive and hiked for about 3 hours through the rain forest and to the base of the volcano the we drove to an amazing waterfall La Fortuna(500 steps down, so 500 steps back up!!). Day 2 we did 11 zip lines, 3 hr horseback riding and hot springs at Los Largos. Just remember you can barter the excursion prices and we did all the purchases in Costa Rica and not prior. The girls on the front desk at Casa Luna will help you. Great visit and would love to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa is close to the Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna Waterfall, surrounded by the Cerro Chato Hill and Cerro los Perdidos mountain. Giving us an outstanding peace and harmony. Our distinctive "touch" is provided by the architectural harmony around the hotel. This colonial and rustic architecture has been reached with the delicious combination between wood, metal, color and wall texture, complemented with beautiful accessories. We offer personalized service beyond excellence to exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Casa Luna Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Luna Hotel And Spa
- Casa Luna Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park