We stayed three nights at Casa Luna in mid-December 2012. I thought the accommodations were fine for the price. Nothing exceptional, but I don't think they promote or price themselves as high end. Truly functional- room had 2 double beds, a decent sized refrig, and a decent sized bathroom. No safe in the room which was a pain.
Had the weather been clearer, we would have had a nice view of the top of Arenal and Cerro Chato. We were in Building B (I think?) the second one from the restaurant and we could definitely hear breakfast music and commotion in the morning.
Breakfast was included with our stay and the food was fine. The wait staff wasn't terribly helpful in the am, but it was a buffet so maybe you can't expect too much service! We did stop at the bar for a couple drinks one evening and the bartender was very friendly and talkative.
We did not use the tour services at the front desk, but we did ask them to call a taxi for us to go to Ecothermales. I was surprised that the taxi charged us about $5 more than our travel agent had predicted and than the returning taxi charged us. Not sure that was the hotel's fault though.
The pool was cool while we were there and the hot tub (is it a hot tub? I'm not sure) wasn't functional so we didn't use either.
This hotel is beyond the entrance to Arenal Vocano and the town of La Fortuna. It is situated on the road up to Cerro Chato and the La Fortuna Waterfall. We walked into town each night for dinner- about 25 minutes each way- and felt safe.
Overall Casa Luna offers decent accommodations, however, if I went back to La Fortuna I would probably stay closer to town or in a hotel that had hot springs activities onsite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa is close to the Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna Waterfall, surrounded by the Cerro Chato Hill and Cerro los Perdidos mountain. Giving us an outstanding peace and harmony. Our distinctive "touch" is provided by the architectural harmony around the hotel. This colonial and rustic architecture has been reached with the delicious combination between wood, metal, color and wall texture, complemented with beautiful accessories. We offer personalized service beyond excellence to exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Casa Luna Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Luna Hotel And Spa
- Casa Luna Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park