We stayed in for 7 days in this is a quaint hotel, located 5 minutes by cab from La Fortuna ($5), When you look out your room you see the Arenal Volcano on the non-active side. The grounds are lush and so pretty to walk through. Fish, birds, lizards and frogs are amoungst to be found.
The fridge and a/c in the room was great and you had a great size balcony to enjoy the sounds of the rainforest in the evening.
I wasnt too keen on the breakfast which was the same everyday. Eggs, rice. beans, fruit and yogurt. You may request pancakes and cereal. When it is full with guests, breakfast is buffet style. The fresh strawberry juice is really good.
We had dinner a couple of times, I had a pasta dish which was pretty tasty and the talapia dish was excellent. My fav was chicken sandwich which i had the rest of my stay. For dessert I recommed the pineapple flambe (they put on a show!) and the coconut flan. The pina colada is delish, made fresh with local pineapples.
They are awesome with referring tours and what to do while you are there. We had booked several tours. White water rafting with lunch at a nearby organic farm- Don Juan. Arenal hanging bridges and La Fortuna Waterfall (for the falls, its $10 for admission, just take a cab there or walking from hotel is 45 mins uphill, no tour guide needed). Horse back riding with ziplining and hot springs at Los Lagos Hotel. Last was a Proyecto Asis (animal refuge center-highly reccomend if you love animals) and in the evening a Volcano hike. One tip on booking taxis without tours, the first company we called wanted $90 roundtrip to take us to the animal place and the hotel was able to get someone to take us for $50 and they waiting the whole time we were there. All were through Ecoterra, awesome guides :)
I went to take a peek at the spa, but didnt actually have a chance to book anything. The room is so pretty and its right next to the river which you hear as you are in there.
This is a great place to come and enjoy nature to the fullest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa is close to the Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna Waterfall, surrounded by the Cerro Chato Hill and Cerro los Perdidos mountain. Giving us an outstanding peace and harmony. Our distinctive "touch" is provided by the architectural harmony around the hotel. This colonial and rustic architecture has been reached with the delicious combination between wood, metal, color and wall texture, complemented with beautiful accessories. We offer personalized service beyond excellence to exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa Luna Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Luna Hotel And Spa
- Casa Luna Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park