My high school tour group stayed 2 nights at the Casa Luna Hotel. It was a beautiful campus, with gardens and fish filled ponds. The spa gave the grounds a serene and relaxed feeling. There is a pool, it looked like it had a swim up bar as well however it was never open. In the rooms we were advised to check for scorpions every night before bed, just a Costa Rican precaution. The beds were comfortable and the AC protected us from the heat, though it did cool down outside at night. Our shower dripped constantly, which was not only annoying, but lead to a damp and messy bathroom. The breakfast buffet at the restaurant was pretty good but there were not many options. There were bees circling the breakfast table, many would not be bothered however it may be of concern for those allergic. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially towards our large group. It couldn't have been more than a 5 minute drive to La Fortuna Waterfall. Arenal Volcano could be viewed from the balcony however the lava is not visible. I did not have a chance to experience the spa, those who did claimed it to be phenomenal. The hotel served as a great location to eat, sleep, and rest during our short time in La Fortuna.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa is close to the Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna Waterfall, surrounded by the Cerro Chato Hill and Cerro los Perdidos mountain. Giving us an outstanding peace and harmony. Our distinctive "touch" is provided by the architectural harmony around the hotel. This colonial and rustic architecture has been reached with the delicious combination between wood, metal, color and wall texture, complemented with beautiful accessories. We offer personalized service beyond excellence to exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Luna Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Luna Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Casa Luna Hotel And Spa
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park