We stayed at the Casa Luna hotel mid-July 2012 and loved our stay. The rooms were very basic, so don't expect a resort experience. But the bed was nice and soft and there was AC & coffee maker. The views of the volcano from the hotel was amazing! The breakfast was good and drinks were awesome. The rooms didn't have proper insulation and bugs were crawling into the room from under the door since we were on the 1st floor. A 2nd floor room would have solved the issue.
The hotel is very close to the LaFortuna waterfall and we hiked up there one day. Getting into town was not bad either, a $4 taxi ride.
Overall a nice stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa is close to the Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna Waterfall, surrounded by the Cerro Chato Hill and Cerro los Perdidos mountain. Giving us an outstanding peace and harmony. Our distinctive "touch" is provided by the architectural harmony around the hotel. This colonial and rustic architecture has been reached with the delicious combination between wood, metal, color and wall texture, complemented with beautiful accessories. We offer personalized service beyond excellence to exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Luna Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Luna Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Casa Luna Hotel And Spa
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park