“Desafio Monteverde Office is Terrific!”

Desafio Adventure Company
Book In Advance
More Info
$95.00*
and up
Canyoning in the Lost Canyon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Desafio Adventure Company is considered the pioneering tour outfitter in Costa Rica's Epicenter of Adventure near the Arenal Volcano since 1992. Desafio offers high-quality rafting, canyoning, biking, hiking, birdwatching, kayaking, stand up paddling, unique cultural experiences, transfer with tour services, incentive programs, volunteer opportunities and much more. We only have two rules: 1) Be Safe! and 2) Have Serious Fun! Look for Desafio in Downtown La Fortuna near the Arenal Volcano or take the Desafio Adventure Connections to the Monteverde, Guanacaste, San Jose, Manuel Antonio, Playa Samara and now Leon, Nicaragua! Desafio is family-owned and operated and your "one-stop-shop" for adventure travel in Costa Rica and beyond!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I booked my family's Costa Rica trip through the Monteverde office of Desafio. Janet, Darlene, and everyone else I worked with there was outstanding. When my flight got delayed, I could reach them immediately over email and on the phone. They always responded quickly and professionally, even when I had to call one of them at her home on a Saturday morning. They helped me pick activities that were age-appropriate for my two kids. Even with the delayed flight, they were able to rearrange our planned excursions so we were able to see everything we wanted to. We arranged all of our excursions and transport with them, and I was very happy with the price and their level of service. I could not have been happier with them. desafio@monteverdetours.com

1  Thank Kate F
DesafioAdventures, Owner at Desafio Adventure Company, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Hi Kate -

It's so nice to see that our hardworking staff in Monteverde gets some kudos on TripAdvisor! Thank you so much for your kind words. They are thorough and friendly young women who know their Costa Rica inside and out and will always go out of their way to create the BEST vacation experience ever!

Thank you for recognizing them for the great work they do! We are very proud of them!

They look forward to having you back some day!!

Warm regards,
Suresh and Christine Krishnan, owners
DESAFIO ADVENTURE COMPANY

Write a ReviewReviews (3,596)
All reviews
in 125 reviews
"class rapids"
in 60 reviews

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My kids (ages 14 and 18) were a little afraid of trying this activity.....but they absolutely loved it!!! Our guide Carlos, was very professional. The company def has safety in mind. Would absolutely recommend this company........and this activity!! Pura vida

Reviewed June 20, 2013

While staying in La Fortuna (December 2012) at the last minute we woke up and it was raining so we decided to go rafting and by far this was one of the most exciting tours I have been on during my year living and working in Costa Rica! We rafted the upper Balsa and it was probably one of the most exciting and extreme rafting trips I have been on - it was a IV/V the day we went down. The guides were excellent, fun and entertaining! After we went to a local farm to have lunch and it was one of the best meals I had! Overall this was a great experience and I absolutely recommend it!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We did two different tours with Desafio - white water rafting from San Jose to La Fortuna and Canyoneering in La Fortuna. The tours themselves were incredible (especially the canyoneering - that was easily the best day of our entire vacation) but they were made even better by the wonderful, wonderful tour guides at Desafio. They were so friendly, funny, easygoing, and competent at their roles. We did tours with other companies and none even came close to Desafio in terms of quality.

HIGHLY recommended!!