“Desafio will make your holiday!!”

Desafio Adventure Company
Book In Advance
More Info
$65.00*
and up
Cooking Class with a Local Costa Rican Family
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Desafio Adventure Company is considered the top tour outfitter in Costa Rica's Epicenter of Adventure near the Arenal Volcano. Desafio offers high-quality rafting tours, canyoning, biking, hiking, birdwatching, kayaking, stand up paddling, transfer with tour services, incentive programs, volunteer opportunities and much more. There are only two rules to follow with Desafio: 1) Be Safe and 2) Have Serious Fun! Look for Desafio in Downtown La Fortuna near the Arenal Volcano or take the Desafio Adventure Connections to the Monteverde, Guanacaste, San Jose, Manuel Antonio and Playa Samara! Desafio is family-owned and operated and your "one-stop-shop" for adventure travel in Costa Rica and beyond!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Desafio will make your holiday!!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Hernan, Miguel, David, Carlos 2, Paola, our drivers Olivier and Carlos 1... Serious this group works so damn hard for you to make memories and be safe. How else would I remember so many if their names? Even Julito was great for our two repels with him. We did the mambo combo (repels and rafting) WHAT a day. Amazing photos and memories for life, that's the whole point of living, I hope to come back and see this gang again. You will feel safe, you will be safe. We went with two other companies on our CR trip and barely remember them. Even the lil road trips were hilarious. Hernan has a mean Costa Rican Bomb with a Pipa. Pura Vida!

• Czech first
  • Hebrew first
San Jose, Costa Rica
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Best tour company around”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have done a variety of tours with Desafio. I live here in Costa Rica and I recommend them to anyone anytime. Their heart and soul are in the work they do. They are knowledgeable, safe and fun. I encourage anyone to do any tour wtih this company. I recently did the stand up paddle on Lake Arenal and it was a great time. The stand up paddle is pretty easy but still a nice little challenge. The Lake itself is quite impressive. The Guide teaches you about nature, Costa Rican history and the surrounding area. We tried to do some fun tricks and fell off a few times. The lake is refreshing and an absolute joy. You stop to have some fresh fruit on an island and can enjoy the breathtaking views of the Volcano. Many of my friends tried the rappeling, rafting and zip lining with them. Everyone raves what a wonderful time they have. Desafio is professional, reliable and excellent in every way!

Melbourne, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Amazing Adventure and Great Photos”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I recently had the privilege of enjoying an amazing day trip with Desafio Adventures in La Fortuna. We went canyoning and waterfall repelling, and had a total blast! For two adventurous novices, our guides made us feel safe without compromising the total thrill of what we were experiencing. Particularly when I scraped my knee against a hidden rock in the water, they were all very considerate of my comfort and well-being. After having talked to others who had done the same excursion with different companies, we were reassured we had chosen the right one....no other company includes the " water surprises" like Desafio. Believe me, you will want to experience those!

Two other highlights that stood out to me about this company were the expert photographer (affectionately nicknamed The Papparazzi) and the delightfully fresh meal we were served at the end of our adventure. When I saw our photographer pull out his Canon EOS Rebel, I knew we would have great vacation memories captured, and that I could spare the risk of bringing my non-waterproof camera along. For the extremely reasonable fee they charge per CD, I am very glad I did! The shots are well-composed and crystal clear. The meal at the end of the trip was a great Costa Rican typical platter, more or less. They served unbelievably fresh produce, and I believe that it is all grown by the company itself, though I am not positive about that detail.

If you are in the area and looking for an incredible rappelling experience, I would highly recommend this company!

South Salem, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A perfect respite”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Midway in our 2-week vacation in Costa Rica, we took a relaxing, several hour float trip. It was a nice contrast to our other very active experiences. We were the only passengers and we didn't meet any other rafts on the river. Our guide was knowledgeable and friendly.

Visited January 2013
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fun day hiking and ziplining!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We used this tour company for transportation, ziplining and a nature hike. My kids had the time of their lives ziplining at of 40 mph. The nature hike was breathtaking and the guide was very knowledgeable and hilarious. All transportation was on time and the drivers were very curtious. I would definitely go with this company again.