“Casa Cielo”
other travelers have booked this property
Private Pool Area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Private Pool Area
Main Entry
Enjoy daily breakfast poolside in the 'Cielo Rancho'
Entry from Cielo Rancho
Kitchen area
Common area
Stairs to Upstairs Master Suite
Downstairs King Bedroom
Downstairs Queen Bedroom. Also equipped with a small Murphy Bed for a young child.
Downstairs bathroom
Downstairs bathroom walk in shower
Upstairs open bar area
Upstairs bar sitting area
Upstairs Master Suite.
Master Suite View
Master Suite bathroom.
Casa Cielo Entry in Evening
Various types of Haliconia flowers atract many species of hummingbirds around the property.
Montezuma's Oropendula feeding on one of our banana trees.
One of the many flowering plants in our gardens.
Chestnut Billed Toucans are regulars at Casa Cielo.
Humming Bird taking a break in our gardens.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

kouzov
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Casa Cielo”
Reviewed December 21, 2015 for a stay in December 2015

We visited Casa Cielo in mid December 2015. The house and the host fully deserve 5 stars: we were helped with advise from what to do in Arenal to booking all our activities. There is so much to do in the area, Costa Rica is great. And our hosts made the experience memorable, helping in every possible way. The breakfasts and dinners that they cooked for us were fantastic! Thank you Rosie and Paul!

Management Response
Dec 22, 2015
We really appreciate the nice words and it was a pleasure to have you and your family as guests at Casa Cielo. Our goal is to help create lasting memories and show our guest all that Costa Rica has to offer. We hope to see you again someday! Pura Vida!!!
Joshsav
SAV
“Paradise”
Reviewed November 11, 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

We had the joy of staying at Casa Cielo for a weekend and it was absolutely wonderful. The pictures do not do the house justice--it is just gorgeous. The outdoor area is just wonderful--the pool, hammock, dining table, water display, it was all so peaceful. Paul and his family were incredibly kind and awesome hosts. All of the food that we ate was EXCELLENT. Paul was also wonderful about communicating with me via email prior to our trip to help plan our activities. He knows some of the best guides in the area, and his assistance was so helpful. Also, Martin, the private driver that he used, was great! Awesome driver and so nice. My only regret is that we weren't able to stay for longer. I certainly hope we can return to this piece of paradise one day!

Traveling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
lgclgc
“PURA VIDA-the best of the best”
Reviewed October 9, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

The photographs do not capture the serene views, relaxed atmosphere, and amazing hospitality that is offered at Casa Cielo. Paul and Rosie were so gracious and hospitable, making delicious meals and helping plan all our adventures! I cannot say enough wonderful things about this house and this vacation. I highly, highly recommend it to anyone and everyone!

Traveling group: Friends
Margaret...
“Pura Vida!”
Reviewed October 8, 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

I recently traveled to Casa Cielo for 3 nights with 7 other girl friends. We found the rental based on the great Trip Advisor reviews, and I can only echo all the positive comments. Paul was extremely prompt in responding to all emails prior to the trip and planned our entire itinerary based on the needs of the group. All of our adventures (including a tour of the hanging bridges, zip lining, and white water rafting) were perfect and well worth the cost! We also had dinner two nights and the house. Paul and Rosie willingly prepared whatever dinner each of us wanted and all were deliciously eaten poolside. The breakfast followed suit, as we were all able to order whatever we wanted and all dishes were amazing!! We could not have asked for a better stay. The ease of planning thanks to Paul, along with the reasonable price, is unmatched. Hope to be back soon, Casa Cielo!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Planning done by Paul - made the trip so incredibly easy!
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway Families with young children
John O
Paris, France
“Great people, great house”
Reviewed August 27, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

The house & pool were perfect for us & our 3 kids. Perfect for bird & animal watching while relaxing after a full day of excursions and hikes. Great views. Calm.
Paul & Rosie are great hosts, really making an effort to make sure everything was perfect. No stress and helpful. And the breakfasts and dinner were excellent.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Really easy, no stress
Liked least: The roads to get there were a bit rough due to rain
Traveling group: Other
Friends getaway Families with young children
Laura H
“PURA VIDA”
Reviewed August 9, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

Casa Cielo is very deserving of all five stars and I'll gladly tell you why...
First, prior to our arrival, (during my planning stage) Paul was always prompt to replay to emails and answer my many questions. I found his knowledge of the area and good communication skills to be extremely helpful. Secondly, when we (a family of six) arrived in Costa Rica, my luggage was lost and had not arrived in San Jose. Paul went above and beyond to help retrieve my luggage. Paul spent hours on the telephone, tracking my bag...he even met the lost delivery driver at the local supermarket, to ensure I received my luggage as soon as possible.
Next, Casa Cielo is even more lovely than it appears in the pictures and the grounds are very well maintained. In addition, coffee was prepared each morning to be enjoyed poolside. Breakfast of tropical fruit, fresh juice, and pancakes or omelets was absolutely delicious! I can honestly say that every meal prepared was scrumptious and truly enjoyed by all six of us. I recommend planning to eat dinner at Casa Cielo during your stay. My family especially enjoyed the wood fired pizza and chicken tacos. Given Paul's helpful planning and attention to details, the beautiful home, and excellent food...Casa Cielo is the place you want to stay! PURA VIDA!

RWilf
Glendale, California
“Perfect in every way”
Reviewed July 7, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

I wish words like "amazing", "brilliant", "perfect", and "wonderful" could actually cover what I feel about this place. I came here with my family (sisters, brother-in-laws, mother, etc.) and my husband for a little over a week. We were a big group with kids in it...so you could imagine what a catastrophe that could be. Not at all. Simply because of Paul (the owner) and his family. He arranged breakfast every morning... and even some lunch and dinners. 10 different people... all wanting different food. *sigh* But it was no big deal. He accommodated us. He prepared an itinerary for our ENTIRE trip and provided transportation for us. We went on some of the best adventures simply because Paul knows what he's doing and knows what places to go. We learned so much about the area, the animals, the people and the culture just from our conversations with him. All of my future trips are going to be compared to this one.

The property itself? Breathtaking. It's a home away from home. Except it's actually better than my home so maybe I'm reaching with that. :) We hung out outside most of the time for the pool, the bbq and the great surroundings. It really shows how much work and love Paul and his family put into this place. Rosie (Paul's wife) cleaned our place everyday, provided us with fresh, clean towels and re-stocked everything we needed. I felt like a celebrity with the royal treatment I was getting. Being here, with Paul and his family, was so much better than any hotel we were going to stay at. You just don't get the same thing at a hotel. Not even close.

Thank you to Paul and his family for a wonderful vacation that I will never forget.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The first class treatment!
Liked least: Nothing! Everything was amazing. Not one complaint!
Traveling group: Other
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing