Hotel Mountain Paradise
Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$152
$142
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Lomas del Volcan(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$156
$114
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$108
$96
  • Breakfast included
Hotel El Silencio del Campo(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$173
$256
Hotels.com
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$240
$180
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $213/night.

Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$204
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$241
$149
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$162
  • Breakfast included
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$480
1,432 results
All reviewswaterfall showerregular showerswim up barcosta ricaheated poolla fortunaarenal volcanowet barrocking chairsfree shuttlegolf cartlive plantsprivate jacuzziking bedhotel grounds areour honeymoonperfect view
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I chose Hotel Mountain Paradise based on trip advisor reviews and it was everything I expected and more. The moment we arrived we were greeted by the hotel receptionist and then driven to our room on a golf cart with our luggage. The room was much larger than we expected and we were pleasantly surprised. We had a great view of the volcano from our back porch along with 2 rocking chairs and a jacuzzi. The king bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom, as past reviewers have mentioned, has a water fall next to the shower and it's very spacious. The restaurant was good, we only had breakfast there which is a buffet of a mix of american and typical Costa Rican food, and you can order a custom omelette. The pool was nice and loved taking swims at night because it is heated. Overall, excellent hotel with great service, beautiful property, and conveniently located to La Fortuna town and the hot springs.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank melissa m
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Very nice with wonderful rooms. We had room 102 which is the nicest location. Maria and Majid at the front desk were terrific. They had a waterfall in the bathroom. Wow!
The only negative issues were the breakfast, which was quite mediocre, and the lack of a swimming pool. They have 2 foot deep warm pools but the whole resort only offers 8 loungers for the entire property. I'd still recommend it, but not for kids because it the swimming pool.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This property has such fun amenities. The waterfall shower was a big hit for my 10 year old son (my husband and I loved it too!). The separate "houses" are such a nice change from a typcial hotel "room." The houses are spacious and clean. The outdoor areas are incredibly beautiful. We had our own splash pool! The main pool is very nicely heated, which I just loved because I am always cold. The views from all areas are amazing. You can see the volcano with no problem, but the top is often covered in clouds. I have never seen so many hummingbirds! They were everywhere! Lizards were also common. I love hummingbirds and lizards! The landscaping is wonderful - beautiful flowers and fruit trees. We did the Penas Blancas Safari Float and the Arenal Hanging Bridges guided tours. Both were excellent. We saw a crocodile up close, howler monkees, sloths, toucans, spider monkeys leaping through the trees (even moms with babies on their backs!) and more. The tour guides were so good at spotting the animals and very well informed. They answered every question we had and offered so many interesting tidbits. It was a magical vacation :)

Room Tip: Especially when it is warmer out, the rooms with the splash pools are just so fun and special.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank HappyFamilyMaryland
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights at the beginning of December 2012. The staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome from the beginning by giving us a cool refreshing towel and welcome drink when we checked in. Our room was clean (although the scent of cleaner lingered for awhile after each cleaning which was kind of gross). The showerS were very impressive!! Only problem was it didn't take long to run out of hot water-- also an issue for the jacuzzi on the balcony. My biggest disappointment-- I was REALLY looking forward to the jacuzzi and view of the volcano from our balcony. The jacuzzi was quite small-- not enough for 2 people. Not even enough hot water to fill it! And the view was totally obstructed by a huge plant. In the end, this wasn't a big deal because the volcano was covered in clouds anyways and the plant gave us privacy. But still-- the volcano view and jacuzzi sold me on the place. So don't get you hopes up on that!

The breakfast was like any other place we've stayed in Costa Rica-- nothing spectacular, but I'm always happy with eggs made to order, bread and fresh juice! We ate at the restaurant one night-- decent but not amazing. The shuttle into town was nice, but I wish it ran more frequently. Pool area is nice but not very big.

After driving past some of the other places I had considered in this price range, I was happy that I chose Mountain Paradise, that's for sure!! Obviously the big names like Baldi and Tabacon looked beautiful, but some of the others that I came across online looked wayyyy different in person. If we had pulled up to one of those I would have been disappointed, that's for sure. Mountain Paradise is beautiful and just what I expected for the price.

Also-- keep in mind that the town of La Fortuna is very touristy and the hotels in the area reflect that!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed at the Mountain Paradise Hotel for 3 nights and we absolutely had a great time there..

HOTEL
---------

The location was beautiful with plants, flowers and a great view of Arenal Volcano. It was moderately priced compared to some other resorts in the area. The staff was super friendly and made sure we were very comfortable with our stay. Its close proximity to the town helps since there are a lot of food places and souvenir shops around.

ROOMS
----------

Everything about the villa was tasteful. The room was a traditional decor with an outdoor jacuzzi with a grand view of the Arenal Volcano; the furnishing was nothing spectacular, but was adequate. The bathroom was huge with a regular shower and the rain shower (gotta try that one!!). Overall, we were satisfied with the room.

RESTAURANT
------------------

Fun, friendly staff with great breakfast and food ! Ask them to make a pizza (even though they do not have pizza in their menu) and you will get a gourmet pizza :-).

OVERALL
------------

Fabulous Stay with Ultra Friendly Staff !! Highly Recommended....

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple