Hotel Mountain Paradise
Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$177
$165
  • Breakfast included
Hotel El Silencio del Campo(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$173
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$407
$180
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $204/night.

Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$114
$99
  • Breakfast included
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$332
Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$199
$293
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$241
$168
Hotels.com
Hotel Lomas del Volcan(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$120
$105
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$385
$157
1,433 results
All reviewswaterfall showerregular showerswim up barcosta ricaheated poolla fortunaarenal volcanowet barrocking chairsfree shuttlegolf cartlive plantsprivate jacuzziking bedhotel grounds areour honeymoonperfect view
Reviewed November 15, 2012

While clouds shrouded Arenal Volcano during our stay, we enjoyed the beautifully maintained grounds -- a tropical paradise with hummingbirds galore! The room was clean and nice, complete with a waterfall shower in the bathroom and (what would have been!) a dead-on view of Arenal Volcano. We relaxed at the heated pool and swim-up bar, along with other guests and Miguel, the resident green iguana! Staff was helpful in making arrangements, and the hotel offers a free shuttle to La Fortuna.

Room Tip: Most rooms seem to offer volcano views and private hot tubs.
1  Thank Kelly S
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had an excellent time during our visit to this hotel. The hotel and the staff were excellent. We were only able to stay for a weekend, but wished we had more time. The heated pool and wade in bar really added to the experience.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hotel was absolutely beautiful and the service was incredible. My mouth dropped when I saw our adorable private room. The bathroom was the best part. You have your own shower and a waterfall shower and a jacuzzi tub on your porch. Me and my husband were so happy here. We were sad when we had to leave. If the opportunity presents itself, we would love to come back and spend more time here. There are beautiful gardens all along the property and hummingbirds flying all around. We loved the wetbar at the heated pool. The bartender was fabulous and his drinks were yummy. My personal favorite drink was called the Zombie. We tried a few while we were there. Hopefully we will make it back someday.

1  Thank Lenore R
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is a good value and the property is very beautiful. I really struggled with the rating i gave the hotel, 3 or 4.

pros:
beautiful property
great pool
shuttle to town
feels very private

cons:
service was pretty good, but we always felt like they were upset we didn't book our adventures through them. (we like to be on our timeline and not someone else's)
the bathroom - cleanliness left a little to be desired
our room would/could have an AMAZING view of the volcano if some of the brush was trimmed, but as it was we just got to look at about 10 feet of grass and then brush.
expensive restaraunt.

I guess the real test would be to ask 'would we stay here again?'. And the answer for us would probably be 'depends on the price'.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I booked a four-night stay here based on a great TripAdvisor rating. I could not have been happier! It was a little difficult to find, and the road was scary to drive on, but it was worth it. We were greeted with welcome drinks and escorted up the hill (not too steep) to our room. I thought it was cool they gave us a tour of the grounds and our room. There was a waterfall shower as well as a multi-head shower side by side. The furniture and ceiling woodwork is so pretty. I kept finding myself staring at it throughout our stay. Our private porch had two rocking chairs and the hot tub. The tub wasn't super roomy, but still nice. You couldn't beat the view of the volcano. My pictures came out like postcards and they were taken from my private deck! The gardens are gorgeous. The flowers are beautiful and we saw so many hummingbirds! The hotel pool is heated and has a swim up bar. My one and only complaint is that the stools on the swimming pool side as well as the concrete in the pool cut up some of my skin. Food is terrific and super fresh. The morning buffet always had different items on the menu including fresh juices, tico staples, pancakes, fresh fruits, and eggs to order. Coffee is fantastic which is kind of important considering it is Costa Rica. I would highly recommend this resort for anyone who prefers a quieter atmosphere. All of the employees are friendly and always smiling. Fabulous stay :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple