1,483 results
All reviewswaterfall showerregular showerswim up barheated poolcosta ricala fortunaarenal volcanowet barrocking chairsgolf cartprivate jacuzziour honeymoonhotel grounds arestayed here for three nightsbeautiful groundsperfect viewhot springs
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The gardens here are wonderful. When we showed up they met us with a "welcoming drink" of fresh fruit. Fabulous.
The rooms are decent, but the "jacuzzi" in every room is a bathtub with water jets on the private porch. We did have a private porch with two rocking chairs, the bathtub, and a small yard area. We had a room that was one step down from their best ones.
The waterfall shower looks bizarre - like a natural waterfall in your bathroom, complete with live plants, but there is a serious design flaw. The ledge the water falls from doesn't protrude far enough so someone can stand under with without hugging the wall. Also, the first day we were there the hot water pressure was horrible, but it was fine the second day.
They do not have "hot pools" similar to the other resorts. They have 4 pool areas, three are connected and thus the same temperature. A very nice warm temperature with a swim up bar. The other pool is a cold pool. Very neat, sure, but not "hot pools" similar to the quality you can find around the area. The food and drinks were expensive - $8-10 a drink. We only had breakfast at the place, which was quite good. A wonderful place to lounge around and relax. I would definitely come back! I stated every "bad" thing about the place we encountered - as you can tell, not much. The service was spectacular, the location is wonderful, especially if you have your own car.

1  Thank Skitty17
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Hotel Mountain Paradise was paradise. The hotel itself was beautiful, the rooms were more than we expected, and the view of the volcano from the restaurant was gorgeous. To top it all off the staff were amazing and so helpful. I couldn't have asked for better service.This hotel was definitely one of the best I have ever stayed in. I will definitely be staying at this hotel when I return to La Fortuna. The only downside was that I couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lacey H
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed here to start our honeymoon before moving to the Westin on the beach and this place won hands down. The complimentary breakfast was amazing as you looked over the volcano with gardens and trees covered with flowers. The rooms were clean and the staff was helpful. They helped me out in a time of crisis when I was pick pocketed in La Fortuna. They have a free shuttle into town and can help you plan many adventures. I ate at the restaurant there and it was delicious and romantic. My only small complaint was the water pressure was a bit low. I plan to visit this Hotel again. The hotel is safe and secluded, Just watch out for the pickpocketers in town as it seemed from the police that this was common place that they were returning wallets, as they only took the cash.

Room Tip: I would recommend getting a room closer to the front of the hotel (like 107) as these have the best views of the volcano.
2  Thank magicofeet
Reviewed October 25, 2012

If I could stay and live there, this is where I would be.The view is amazing...all over the hotel you can see the volcano. The hotel overall and staff were amazing. very humble people, polite, speak perfect English for those that do not speak Spanish. The hotel provides all transportation to all the area of the Arenal and the tours can be booked with them with a tour guide included...so well worth it! Already planning my trip for next year and definitely planning to stay there again!

1  Thank elienyes
Reviewed October 25, 2012

“Hotel Mountain Paradise (Costa Rica) is such a beautiful property. The staff at this hotel is very professional, friendly, and helpful! Carlos the reception made sure my tours and transportation was scheduled and enjoyable. My stay at Hotel Mountain Paradise was very comfortable, the rainforest shower is absolutely wonderful, and the food at the restaurant was tasty and delicious! I was so impressed with Hotel Mountain Paradise... Costa Rica is breathtaking!”

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo