1,483 results
All reviewswaterfall showerregular showerswim up barheated poolcosta ricala fortunaarenal volcanowet barrocking chairsgolf cartprivate jacuzziour honeymoonhotel grounds arestayed here for three nightsbeautiful groundsperfect viewhot springs
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I took my niece to Costa Rica as a high school graduation gift. We enjoyed this hotel more than anywhere else we stayed. The property was beautiful, the staff friendly, and the rooms large and nice. My niece said it was where she wanted to stay on her honeymoon someday. I especially want to compliment the restaurant. The traditional Costa Rican fare was delicious every day. The restaurant manager even gave us complimentary dessert one night and we agreed that it was the best brownie sunday we'd ever had. I would definitely return to this property. My only complaint was that the wireless internet service was so weak that we could only access it in certain spots on the property.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Rooms in separate buildings covering a few acres, paths lined with flowering plants and colorful palms, this is a breathtaking property. Each building is painted a different color, which sounds garish but truly enhances the ambience and becomes a photographers paradise. Our room was on a hillside with a perfect view of Arenal Volcano and was further enhanced by an indoor jaccusi and outdoor plunge pool. The food was so-so compared to other lodging we had on this trip, but overall okay. Stay away from the vegetable lasagna (!) but in fairness, the restaurant manager graciously comp'd our entire meal when I sent it back to the kitchen uneaten.

Room Tip: I don't think there's a bad location on this property.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We arrived late and were warmly welcomed. We were taken to our rooms (suites) by golf carts and our luggage arrived soon after. The rooms are very large and well decorated but could use dressers. The shower is awesme and fun. We very surprised to find that we could catch a VIP football game on the TV there and so sat at the pool bar while the New England Patriots played their way towards the Super Bowl. Breakfast was great and then we were off to Zip Line and walk the Hanging Bridges. No sun but warm enough to enjoy everything. Sun came out the next day for our river rafting trip. Service was pleasant but slow. Gardens and paths are just beautiful with many varietes of hummingbirds and flowers. Never used the shuttle as our group (10)had a van for each activity.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2012

This hotel is different in that all the rooms are separately scattered over the property amongst beautiful gardens and almost hidden so you are not aware that others are sharing your little piece of paraadise.
The walk to your room is not far but there are many buggies around so you can often hitch a ride anyway. Wherever you are you can always get a view of the volcano which is awesome! (always provided the cloud/mist has cleared of course - it seems to be semi-permanently shrouded in one or the other.)
The rooms are XL with 2 double beds, AC, massive bathroom with standard shower as well as amazing rock fall shower which is amazing. Very comfortable.
Heated pool with bar - beautiful and has hot pool as well.
Buffet breakfast is good but we ate elsewhere for other meals when we were out.
It is nice to have the seclusion of being out of town - Arenal in quite touristiic - but unless you have a car you then have the transport problem, The hotel shuttle runs about every 30 mins during the day or you can get a cab. If you book an excursion they will pick you up.
I'd recommend car rental if you're here more than a day - then you can do some of the more outlying attractions like the animal rescue charity and the cat sanctuary which are otherwise difficult to get to.
We prefer going off the beaten track and I hate tour buses! Car rental was very reasonable and you don't need a 4x4 unless you're really going off road.

Room Tip: Choose one close to reception - less walking if you've had a long day or too many ccktails! Otherwise I don't think there's much to choose
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2012

While I read the previous reviews of this hotel which for the most part were very positive, my actual experience was of being pleasantly surprised. It went beyond my expectations. Upon our arrival, we were greeted with cool damp towels and a fresh fruit drink. We were then wisked to our junior suite which held one king-size bed and a double in a large enough room to accommodate both comfortably. The large bathroom had two kinds of showers, one which was constructed to feel like you were under a waterfall and one next to it which had a conventional shower head. We enjoyed both. We had our own veranda with two rocking chairs and an outside jacuzzi which overlooked the Arenal Volcano. Yet even with the proximity of the other "villas" it felt like you had your own private space The grounds are immaculate with a variety of plants that attract hummingbirds and we even saw tucans. We met several people in the heated pool area which contains a bar which made for some delightful conversations. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. My husband needed to use a computer and they one available to him at no cost. We had a problem with our safe and they came right away and fixed it. The quality and quantity food at the restaurant was superb and very fresh. You felt as though you were eating at a high end restuarant, even during breakfast which is included in the stay. One of the things that really surprised me was that it was an open air restuarant and there were no bugs! We stayed there only two nights and wished it was longer.

Room Tip: While we didn't mind the short walk to the restuarant, if walking is an issue, I would request a closer villa.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple