“Exciting zip lines”

Ecoglide Arenal Park
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Professional crew, well explained. They bring you up the mountain in a truck and then the fun begins. It is very exciting and well done, Tarzan swing scary but fun, a must do.
Just their transportation to and from our hotel was a rediculous price so we took our own taxi.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We were looking forward to ziplining in Costa Rica. And Ecoglide was a wonderful experience. The views are incredible and the lines are amazing. We went with our kids ages 11 and 7. 7 year old had to go tandem with a guide. They also have exits after every 4 lines if some one chooses to leave in the middle. We went when it was a little rainy. We went fast and it was awesome. The guides do use extra breaks if necessary. Tarzan swing was scary for me but both the kids went on it and convinced I should try it. I was glad I did. It was awesome (after you get over the initial drop). Everyone seems to find their voice only after one swing :). The guides pointed out to white hawks and blue squirrels during the ride up the mountain. Check their website video if you are not sure. I think it helps so you are mentally prepared.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Would definitely recommend Ecoglide Arenal Park for ziplining. The guides are friendly and helpful and they show you what to do and encourage you to enjoy yourself and also be safe. There were six people in our group, four were in our family. We all had a great time. We also did the "Tarzan Swing". Will have to admit that I was not excited about doing this. I do not like the sensation of dropping/falling. However, since everyone else was doing it, I decided to go as well....still can't believe it! But I survived (and I'm 63 years old). Would not recommend it for someone with heart problems though. A very fun activity for the entire family. It was raining off and on when we went, but we went anyway. They did tell us that the lines being wet cause you to go faster but they do have a safety measure to stop you.
Go! Enjoy!

1  Thank anglophile58
Reviewed January 6, 2014

After traveling for almost two days, this was the first activity that we did! And what a first impression!

Very well managed, professional staff, made us feel safe throughout. They did a practice run, which demystified ziplining for those of us, nervous folks. You come down a series of 13 lines, with some spectacular views along the way.

They do tandem rides for those kids who are too young to be on their own.

Midway - after the 8th line - there was a 'Tarzan Swing'. This is essentially a rope tied to a tall tree, and you on the other end jumping off a ledge and swinging! It is about a 4-story drop, and even had my 5-year old do it.

All along they were very professional, attentive and safe.

When we finished, they greeted us with a drink, and a DVD with pictures and videos of us, for $40. For those who are used to spending that much on a still shot, this was a welcome gift. We got pictures of ALL of us, and videos of us screaming our lungs out while taking the leap on the tarzan swing.

Great experience, and a must do, when you are in Arenal.

1  Thank Easy_Traveler_10
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Loved this place. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Had been looking for toucans for days and I finally saw a bunch here!!

The place is beautiful and zip lines have great views over the La Fortuna valley and the Arenal volcano. Tarzan swing is optional but you HAVE TO do it. It was so much fun!!