“Professional, safe and fun”

Ecoglide Arenal Park
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Idid the zip lines with my husband and our four and five year olds, the first time for three of us and we had a great experience. The guides (we had four of them) quickly put us at ease and they were very professional and safety conscious. Our kids took to it like ducks to water, and have been asking when they can go zip lining again ever since! There were beautiful views from many of the zip lines too which was a real bonus. Great fun, although the Tarzan swing made me feel sick!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,072)

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our time at Ecoglide. From the time they picked us up from the hotel to the time they dropped us off everyone was quite friendly and had good enough English. Once you gear up and do the practice cable your whole group (sometimes quite large) gets in the back up the pickup truck seating and head up the side of the volcano. They have a lot of guides with the group so there is never much of a wait at each station. My wife is quite afraid of heights and was more scared at this zip-line than some other because there are only a few times when you are actually on the ground. Most of the time is spent on platforms attached to trees. I really enjoyed the swing but my wife chose to skip it, its nice there is the option. There is almost always at least two forms of fall protection on you at all times which is reassuring. Its not the longest or fastest or even most beautiful zipline operation in Costa Rica but it is a solid value (one of the cheapest in the area) and well run operation. Also, its worth noting that if you want the pictures they take of you on the trip it will cost you an additional $20.

2  Thank ToddwWright
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very safe and exciting. The view from the mountainside
were amazing. The staff was great and experienced.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The guides were very professional and made sure we had a fun and safe two hours. They shared their local knowledge with us, took great pictures and worked together as a team to make sure we had an excellent experience. Don't miss the tarzan swing!! It was the highlight for us.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Our visit to Costa Rica included a must do Zip Lining adventure. we looked at the different companies to choose from and one criteria was to actually enjoy the view from tree top.
Egoglide was the favorite and not hurtling through the air at 100mph.
The one stumbling block I personally had was my dear wife was scared of heights, so the deal was she wanted to go surfing Christmas Eve on the second part of our vacation and I was not looking forward to that. and I would only do that if she went Zip Lining.
I just wanted to sit on the beach have a drink with an umbrella in it.
Anyhoo here we go on the training zip line, the training zip line is just a short one and all passed the test.

the next lines were the ones I was looking forward to and I was right in our choice of zip line company.
I was fantastic, Sorry It was fantastic or maybe I was fantastic too...

My wife was the main concern and right enough she was very nervous about the whole deal, but the superb staff placed her in a real comfort zone and made this very enjoyable for her which in turn made me happy. She was in very good hands and the safety standard was brilliant to say the least. there was no time at all you were not secured to a safety line while you were on a platform.

Then came the Tarzan Swing WOW!!!!! you seem to swing upward forever, but first securing you in a harness which when they tightened it up made my voice go up 4 octaves.

In a nutshell this is a must do if you do not want the rush of excessive speed and actually see some scenery.

Here is a real good tip, Take the First Tour of the morning, our group had 4 people the second tour had a party of 20.

1  Thank edodowd