Hotel Sueno Dorado & Hot Springs
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$256
$137
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$224
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$450
$213
$201
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$297
$129
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$465
$138
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Mountain Paradise(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$100
$78
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$113
$96
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Rancho Cerro Azul(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$72
$66
Hotels.com
Hotel Lomas del Volcan(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$144
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Our large family (8 people) stayed for 3 nights. A week earlier 1/2 of our group had stayed at this hotel and received a free breakfast for each person as was advertised. This second week with a larger group, not only did we pay more for the rooms ($70/night) because of the large number of people (which is fair), but we also had to pay per person ($10/pp) for the breakfast which a week earlier was free. We did not get any specials like free breakfast, 3 nights for 2 or anything else. Otherwise the view of the volcano was awesome, rooms clean, and breakfasts filling.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Went with my family (hubby and 2 kids) and I'm always looking for great value at a great price......and found it at this little hotel. Although very small (only 11 rooms) and rooms are very basic, it served our needs to the tee. We had 2 double beds, small TV and A/C, room very clean and tidy. The pool was not very big but it was very clean and temp was great. The view, to DIE for.....right in front of the volcano!!!! The day we got there, the volcano was covered by clouds, but the morning after had an awesome, complete view.....it was smoking!!! Only complaints (which we did bring up to the manager) were that the WI-FI needs to be fixed (as I could only use outside of the room) and that the hot water was not working well (apparently there was a switch and had to have hubby stand-by to keep switching it back on while we showered). Otherwise, breakfast was delicious and the service.....SUPERB!!! Pablo, manager on duty the morning we left, was so nice, full of information and very open to opinions to better the hotel for future guests (i.e signs stating wifi availablity, putting phones in room , etc) I would definitely recommend and I most certainly would stay there again when I go back to Arenal.

Room Tip: Ask manager about excursions.....they give at discounted prices!!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We stayed here for a night due to a great package deal that they were offering at the time. Rooms very clean, not much to them, but very nice. The Staff were SUPERB!. Only gripe, when we checked in, we were the only people in the place. Later that afternoon, 3 people checked in, and they put them in the room right next to ours. Of all the 10 or 11 rooms that are in this place, they had to be right next to us?!? Personally, I thought that was in poor form, especially as they were loud and obnoxious (in my opinion).
That being said, we still enjoyed our stay, mainly due to their Staff and the restaurant Benedictu's, which is joined to this motel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Beautiful rooms, great hot water, view totally incredible. We negotiated breakfast with room and we were glad we did. Like living in a beautiful garden with a nice pool. Wi fi router could use a more powerful one . Very friendly staff I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I loved the Sueno Dorado! The staff were super friendly, and helpful. The attached restaurant, Benedictu's Steakhouse was fantastic, with an awesome staff, and great food! My room was very clean. The location has an AMAZING view of the Arenal Volcano. I woke up every morning, and Arenal was just outside my door. Walking distance to the amazing Baldi Hot Springs. For the price, this place is fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo