Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$86
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$99
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $116/night.

Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$79
$258
$183
Hotel Lomas del Volcan(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$108
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$332
$180
  • Breakfast included
Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$170
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$169
$92
  • Breakfast included
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$332
Bookit.com
Nayara Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$563
All reviewsarenal volcanola fortunacaravan tourcosta ricaswim up barjunior suitebeautiful viewwet barpool areahot springsnice poolclose to townroom keybreakfast buffethotel restaurantwi fimini fridge
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We found the Magic Mountain Resort quite by accident.
So glad we did. Got real lucky. Every room faces pool and volcano. We were lucky enough to have sun so hit some fabulous pictures.
From reception to checkout everyone was friendly and made us feel like we were appreciated.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank FallsGuy
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We had a corner room on the third floor and a fantastic view of the volcano and the pool. The room was spacious and kept clean. The balcony was a nice addition and with the sliding glass doors open we got a refreshing breeze. The food was very good and right at the hotel. The staff was very friendly, especially Nancy at the front desk and Francini, bar tender at the pool bar. Yes, there was a bar at/in the pool. I would suggest that the management replace the shampoo/conditioner everyday instead of having to ask for it and they need to invest in a hair dryer for the rooms instead of having to borrow one from the front desk. Friendly, clean, and with a beautiful view I'd go back.

Room Tip: get on the top floor for the view.
2  Thank DrFirebird
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I am Canadian now residing in Naranjo, Alajuela, Costa Rica. We had friends visiting Costa Rica and since they were booked at Magic Mountain we decided to also book there for one night (February 25) so we could spend some time with them. Before booking I read the reviews and they were mostly positive. The reviews were right....the place is beautiful; nice grounds, swim up pool bar; friendly staff, all rooms with a view, and most of all clean rooms. I was surprised that the bathroom also included a bath tub which is not that common in this country. It was definitely a plus for me!

On previous reviews I read that the food in the restaurant was not the best. All I can say is for what we ordered we were quite satisfied. The restaurant staff is very friendly and the tables all set up nicely.

Jason greeted us as we arrived and told us where everything was and was very helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a balcony and face the nicely landscaped grounds and volcano. I don't think you could pick a 'bad' one here.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Myrna V
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the staff. Every single person we met was extremely helpful, sweet and accommodating! Jason was a special treat and the man in the restaurant who seemed to be there 24 hours was very funny and helpful.

The room was simple, clean and had a great balcony. The volcano was hidden in clouds but the view of the property and pool were beautiful. The toilet was very slow flushing but dealable. We never could get our safe to work correctly even after calling Maintenance twice...we just gave up. We have never had problems with safes before but it wasnt a big deal. Also the door lock was very finicky and the room could use some touch up paint...but overall it was a decent room with a comfortable bed.

The breakfast as Ive heard other people comment on left a little to be desired, watery eggs, and odd sausage...but the fruit and coffee were good. Now the dinner was great! I had the mexican buffet which was average but my boyfriend had the steak and said it was the best steak he had ever had...alot coming from my picky boyfriend.

The swim up bar was great as it was heated and it was raining in La Fortuna...happy hour was fun! Idid think it was weird that the hots tubs were both cold when we tried them but the swim up bar pool was heated...nice move there hotel management...get the people in the bar LOL!! Worked for me!!

All in all I would stay here again because the staff was really really great and I thought the hotel was in a good location.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

This hotel appears to be new- we stayed in a jr. suite (all that was available when we booked!)-so it was large and included a hot tub in the room, which we never used. There were a few small problems when we checked in, but they were quickly remedied by staff.
The view from our window and balcony couldn't have been better (unless the sun had been shining!) The grounds and landscaping are beautiful. The pool and hot tub with swim up bar, very nice and well maintained.
Breakfast buffet is awful- barely edible (I swear it was 'powdered' scrambled eggs!)- only thing I could bring myself to eat was the sliced fruit.
It is located near a few shops and restaurants and just a $4 ride to town.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Frazer B, Director de Recepción at Hotel Magic Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Wendy G,
Greetings from Magic Mountain Hotel and all the staff.
We appreciate your comments. I would like to hear that evething was perfect but is not like that, comment like your really will help us to realice that we have to work harder in some of our areas to grew up as a business and be better every day. So now we would like to offer you a 20% off for your next visit in lodging, feeding and Spa.
Looking forward to see you next time.
Best Regards!