“Fantastic stay”
Review of Hotel Campo Verde

Hotel Campo Verde
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I recently stayed for 3 nights in La Fortuna at Campo Verde and loved my stay there. The cabins are a good size, clean and very comfortable. The view is spectacular! I have never stayed in such a peaceful place before. Breakfast was great every morning, on a par with the place I stayed at in San Jose but definitely better than where I was in Manuel Antonio (for comparison). I read a review about the staff lacking knowledge. Totally disagree on this - they were very accurate each time and incredibly friendly and helpful. The hotel is about 5/6km outside town but on the same stretch of road but in actual fact I really enjoyed the tranquility and it is half way to the volcano entrance itself anyway. One thing I would note here : I would definitely consider renting a car as taxi's are expensive (about 6k colones from town to Campo Verde although there are 2 buses a day) and I wasnt a huge fan of the steakhouse across the road. Other than that I will definitely go back at some point in the future because the stay was brilliant.

Room Tip: We stayed in cabin 9 but guess all have good views.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 17, 2012

My first visit to Costa Rica began at Hotel Campo Verde. Located at the base of Arenal Volcano.. the view from my window was simply spectacular. I had a large single cabin. Very clean and comfortable. A small, friendly staff; very pleasant and helpful. There were no amenities such as pool or spa but I didn't need it. I was surrounded by the natural wonder of Arenal, it was peaceful and I slept like a baby. My rate included breakfast-traditional or continental. I am a single female traveler and it was my first experience of the country and I was not disappointed. I highly recommend this as a place to stay while visiting the country.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Very clean, comfortable, fairly large cabins on a large, secluded property with amazing views of Arenal Volcano. Everyone on staff was accommodating and helpful, although not particularly knowledgeable on all the local activities. I was amazed at the delicious, wholesome, and filling breakfast options available (included in our price.)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lori_B_PuraVida
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I loved the bungalow setting and the grounds were beautiful! The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. When we were leaving the fog broke over Arenal and we got a great view of the volcano. The hotel is about a 10/15 minute drive into La Fortuna.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This was a cute secluded hotel with potentially great views of the arenal volcano. It was rainy and cloudy the whole time we stayed so we didn't get to see it. The grounds are well kept and beautiful. Lots of flowers everywhere. The AC worked very well. Bed was comfy. Shower was hot. The young girl at the front desk was very nice and accommodating. She also made breakfast for us in the morning and it was delish. Would definitely return. There was a nice steakhouse across the street we wanted to check out, but we were only there for the night. Looked really good. The Baldi Hot Springs are a must but the buffet there can be skipped. Wasn't worth the extra $5 a person. The La Fortuna waterfall is awesome. Bring your swimsuit and stay a while. The hike back up can be rough if you are in a hurry.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 9. The view would have been perfect for the volcano.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great location at a great price. I really loved that there was parking for each guest and the rooms had plenty of space. It's very simple but you aren't spending much time in the rooms anyway. Loved the breakfast every morning, and the very kind staff. The beds were a little hard but nothing terrible. This is a good stop for the more price-conscious traveler, especially if you plan to be out and about most of your stay around the Arenal region.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank angeychang
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Cute, intimate place with free-standing cabins nestled right next to the volcano. Very quiet and simple yet thoughtfully laid out and comfortable. Location is great for visiting Tabacon and the Cataratas at Rio La Fortuna.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends