“Good location, Great staff!!”

Hotel Vista del Cerro
Toronto, Canada
“Good location, Great staff!!”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stayed Hotel Vista del Cerro for two nights in May and I strongly recommend this hotel.

The room was clean and comfortable. The location was good as everything is around the hotel– a supermarket is just across the street, a nice restaurant is just next to the hotel and others are also short walking distance. You can also found a nice craft/art work store which is also next to the hotel. There is a nice garden where you can find some beautiful flowers, trees, and birds. If you want to go to downtown, you need a car, but for all tours and shuttle bus services, the bus will pick you up at the hotel.

The significant feature of this hotel is the owner, Jenny, and the staff. Jenny was truly helpful, friendly, and kind. All staff was also very nice. I traveled alone but Jenny helped me with everything during my stay in La Fortuna, and she even treated me as if I was one of her friends! ☺ She also made some suggestions for my trip and I had a great time. Jenny is a warm-hearted person with full of hospitality. I was so glad that I stayed this hotel and was able to meet Jenny. I want to come back to see her and stay there again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 24, 2014

While in Costa Rica for two weeks I caught a ride with friends that were going to an expo in Las Carlos. After dropping them off, I continued on looking for a place on the way to the Arenal volcano to spend a couple quiet days (hopefully away from the tourist crowd). A total cold call found me at Hotel Vista del Cerro in Arenal. Small local owned and managed 10 room hotel with a pool and hot tub. This turned out to be the cleanest hotel I've found in 10 trips to CR. Great staff & very accommodating. Free breakfast at a little soda (cafe) next door. Next to that was another soda with the best chicken I've had in CR. Across the road was a grocery. Several shops and things to see within short walking distance.
Great place to relax and unwind. And only $41/night.

Room Tip: Only difference would be upstairs or downstairs.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank eakj45
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We spent one night at this hotel in early March. The staff was wonderful. Extremely helpful. The room was clean. It was very reasonably priced. The location is great for seeing the volcano. The only bad thing is it is close to the road and you can hear the traffic passing by. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Get as far away from the road as you can
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My sister and I so enjoyed staying at hotel Vista del Cerro! The staff was welcoming and super helpful and spoke great English. The room was comfortable and the location on the edge of La Fortuna was perfect for us...right across the street from a supermarket and next door to a yummy 'soda' where our breakfast was free due to our stay at Vista del Cerro. (The food was awesome at the soda! We highly recommend trying the typical food...it's delicious!) There were also several local shops with amazing artwork and souvenirs available. I am taking my kids for the first time next fall and will stay with Vista del Cerro again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I promised Jenny before leaving Hotel Vista del Cerro that I would write this review. She went above and beyond for my group of 6 women traveling to Costa Rica for spring break. Although our delayed flight and road trip from San Juan to La Fortuna resulted in a 3am checkin Jenny was very welcoming and hospitable. Although we only stayed one day for zip lining Jenny became our Costa Rican mother making sure that taxis would bring us back to her and hooking us up with private transportation to Puerto Viejo. She was very warm and bubbly and allowed us to take farewell pictures with her! A perfect hostess! We will never forget our 24 hour stay at Vista del Cerro in La Fortuna!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a window view of the Arenal volcano! Room 3 I believe
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The rooms at Vista del Cerro are very minimal, but you'll have everything you need. there is great water pressure, hot water, views of the volcano, and a nice little swimming pool. the included breakfast is delicious and substantial. There are cows and horses in the adjoining property which are charming.

The best thing about this hotel is the staff. They helped us with absolutely everything and made our stay in La Fortuna everything we hoped it would be. They got us discounts on the Baldi Spa day pass with dinner pass, helped with restaurant recommendations, got us taxis, and recommended activities that were all truly wonderful.

We had a bit of a hiccup with our travel reservation where we expected to leave in the morning and the ferry company had us listed as leaving in the afternoon. The hotel staff fought to resolve the problem, and got the ferry company to give us a complimentary canyoneering tour valued at over $200 for the two of us.

I can't recommend this hotel enough. What it lacks in luxury, the staff makes up in their friendly nature and genuine wish to help.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Greenbelt, Maryland
Reviewed January 11, 2014

The hotel is located around 10 minutes from the heart of La Fortuna. A taxi costs around ~$3. The rooms are basic. You need to bring your own shampoo and conditioner. The room was slightly dank. Jenny is very pleasant and helpful. There is a supermarket right across the hotel. The soda next to the hotel also serves very good food. The free breakfast was very delicious.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends