Arenal Manoa Hotel
The Royal Corin Thermal Water Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$215
$201
Hotels.com
Arenal Kioro Suites & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$244
Hotels.com
Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$146
Hotel Lomas del Volcan(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$120
$108
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$114
$69
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$138
  • Breakfast included
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$184
$138
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel El Silencio del Campo(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$156
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$299
TripAdvisor
Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$449
2,024 results
All reviewscosta ricaspring poolhot springsswim up barrocking chairsregular poolbeautiful groundsgreat view of the volcanocold poolrooms are largeprivate patiobreakfast buffethotel restaurantshuttle servicemain poolwonderful hotelhotel grounds
Reviewed June 15, 2008

Just returned from a week in Costa Rica during which we stayed in four different hotels, and the Arenal Manoa was our favorite! Rather than one building with lots of rooms, the grounds are set up like a small neighborhood with little bungalow style units. Ours was #103 which had the most amazing views of the volcano. Despite the floor to ceiling windows on two walls, it felt very private and peaceful.

My friend and I loved sitting in the wood rocking chairs on our porch and watching Arenal puff smoke into the air, or listening to the rain pour down.

The people at the front desk were very kind and helpful. I really enjoyed dinner at the restaurant, though the prices were a little bit higher than I expected. Probably the result of Arenal being a touristy area and because I ordered seafood.

Overall, loved this hotel and would definitely stay here again when I visit Arenal and La Fortuna.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank EastBayGal
Reviewed May 28, 2008

The hotel was a pleasant surprise.
Our group arrived at this hotel after our 2 day rafting adventure.
Most everything here was great to have available.
The rooms are rather spacious. The AC works fine. The showers water pressure was fantastic. The beds were comfy. The bathrooms are just as they show in the pix, they're great.
The people who work here are really nice and try to do what they can for you.
Watch the prices on the menu. There were differences on a couple of the menus.
It was raining most of the time. They have umbrellas available. What was even better is they have a couple cars that will pick you up or drop you off to your room.
There was no clock in the room. Didn't really care too much as I didn't even turn on the TV.
I needed a 1a.m. wake up call. That never happened. Luckily I set my cell phone alarm.
The lobby closes at 10p.m. I'm not sure what time they open. If you are checking out early, settle your bill the evening before.
I can't wait for my next journey to CR.

• Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed May 22, 2008

We booked the day before flying out as other hotels in the area just weren't getting back to us. Because of this my expectations weren't very high.

As other reviews mentioned the road accessing this hotel is very bumpy and locating the place in the dark is not very easy. The staff were extremely helpful, the reservation hadn't come through but checking in didn't prove difficult.

The hotel far exceeded my expectations, room was very spacious with a king and a double bed in the room. Windows surrounded the room on two sides so it felt slightly like a goldfish bowl but aided the volcano views (if the other room/hut wasn't in front of ours!). I would definatly ask for a volcano view if I went back.

Views of the volcano are good, especially from the pool/hot tub area.

Breakfasts were some of the best we ate in Costa Rica but this is based on the day they had a coach party in so there was a great breakfast buffet.

The staff were very helpful on trips/driving directions and there is also free internet access on two computers throughout the day.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2008

One of the BEST hotels that we ever stayed in. Surrounded by nature, yet exceptionally quiet at night with plenty of privacy. Close to all of the attractions and the restaurant is high class. Only negative is that it's kind of hard to find AND the road there is HORRIBLE.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2008

The Arenal Manoa is a fantastic little hotel, located around two miles from the town of Fortuna and in clear sight of the beautiful Arenal Volcano. The property is very new and everything is very modern. The majority of the staff were friendly and courteous, and most speak very good English.

The rooms were huge, modern and spotless. The bathrooms were some of the largest and best designed I've seen in any hotel. The property is laid out in small buildings, each building containing two rooms with exterior entrances. Every room has huge windows, a patio and a volcano view. Our view was just spectacular. I did notice, though, that the hotel has two sections. One closer to the volcano with better views (ours was in this section) and one more distant. When you check-in, I advise you to request a room in the section closer to the volcano.

The hotel has a small but nice pool. There is a lot to do in the La Fortuna area, but my wife and I managed to slow down a bit, soak in some Costa Rica sun, and spend some time in loungers by the pool. It was very relaxing, with the volcano smoking in the distance.

Some reviews claim that the hotel has no character, but I could not disagree more. The hotel utilizes a very natural, rocky, and rustic decor, in line with the volcano hulking in the background and the area's vegetation. Some others complain about the property being about half a kilometer down a gravel road, off the main road through La Fortuna. We actually saw this as more of a benefit. The property is away from the noise, on a lovely piece of land adjoining a river, and perfect for some reflection and taking in the scenery.

The resort does have a restaurant called El Dorado. I believe that the buffet breakfast is included in the cost of every stay. The buffet was very nice, with a mixture of Costa Rican dishes, meats, omelets and eggs cooked to order, and plenty of fresh fruit and juice. We ate dinner there one night and had dessert there another. Dinner at the restaurant is good, not spectacular, and a bit on the pricey side. Drinks, especially pool-side were very highly priced. A mojito I ordered was poorly made, small and set me back eight dollars. The cost of dinner and pricey drinks is my only real complaint about the Arenal Manoa. I'd advise having reception call you a taxi (it'll cost 4-5 dollars) and going into La Fortuna for dinner. At the entrance to town you'll find a restaurant called Las Brasitas that makes excellent rotisserie chicken and is very reasonably priced.

You will not want to miss some of the off resort excursions. I highly recommend the volcano night hike and hot spring combination. You cannot go wrong with Desafio Adventure Company. They service Arenal Monteverde areas and are reasonably priced.

Costa Rica was wonderful! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or could use some more advice.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple