The hotel is situated on a road between La Fortuna and Lake Arenal along with many other hotels of similar or better quality. The grounds are well manicured providing many of the 66 spread out villas with wonderful views of the volcano. Our room had 12' wide sliding glass doors from which we could constantly view the volcano. I was told, however, that we were lucky since there are only 77 days per year where you can totally view the volcano. The hotel has 2 swimming pools (one has a swim up bar), a hot spring mini pool, wifi and a good restaurant. Breakfasts are served buffet style with a sufficient selection while the dinner menu had a nice variety. We recommend the Mediterranean salad with rice, shrimp and octopus. The reception desk clerk, Juan, was very friendly. I must add, however, three negatives of the hotel. First, the hotel does not offer any free shuttles into town and the taxi fare into town, La Fortuna, costs $12 one way. There's not much to see in town. Second, make sure not to lose the pool towel card they give you on check in since they will charge you $25 for a lost card. We know since we lost the card at the hot springs and had to pay the troll the toll. The towel itself was not worth $25 new. Petty and annoying for a "high class" hotel. Third, the distances on the grounds of the hotel are great. Sometimes it would have been nice to have a roving golf cart type shuttle and we say that even though we are runners and the hotel indicates you can contact them for a ride.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Manoa Hotel is a beautiful Arenal hotel to relax and enjoy the marvelous view of Arenal volcano in Costa Rica. Surrounded by gardens, pastures and animals, our rooms have been designed so that each one offers you a panoramic view of the Arenal volcano. Our visitors can take advantage of our spacious gardens for walking and meditation as well as the opportunities to see the daily operations of a typical Costa Rican farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Arenal Manoa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Manoa Hotel And Spa
- Arenal Manoa Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Manoa Hotel Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park