We just returned from two weeks in Costa Rica. We stayed at four different properties, and this was by far our favorite. The grounds are amazing - beautifully maintained with acres and acres of walking trails. The "rooms" are single story bungalows, two units per building. The bedroom portion is quite large, with two queen size beds and a dressing area. The bathroom is huge, with a magnificent walk-in, rock-lined shower. Each bungalow has a private patio with two rocking chairs, where you can sit in the mornings and evenings and gaze at the Arenal Volcano. There are two swimming pools on the property, one with cold (air temp) water and the other with warm water. We headed for the warm water pool every night after a busy day of sight-seeing, and it was so relaxing! There is a restaurant on site and it is a wonderful place for breakfast. There is an extensive buffet with fresh fruits, cereals, breads, juices, yogurts, and also an omelet bar where you can order omelets made to your specific request. Try to get a table on the veranda of the restaurant which overlooks the river below.
Now - my only negative. Do not eat dinner here. We had the worst meal on our entire trip here. Service was slow and the food was terrible. My husband could not even cut his steak. My fettuccine with shrimp had 6 tiny, itty-bitty brine shrimp and was smothered in onions - I couldn't even eat it. We were with several other couples, and no one enjoyed their meal. The next night we went into town and ate at Don Rufino Restaurante - best meal on the trip. Do not miss eating here if you are in La Fortuna. Other than dinner at the on site restaurant, this is a fabulous place to stay and our only regret is that we didn't book it for a longer period. I would go back in a heart beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Manoa Hotel is a beautiful Arenal hotel to relax and enjoy the marvelous view of Arenal volcano in Costa Rica. Surrounded by gardens, pastures and animals, our rooms have been designed so that each one offers you a panoramic view of the Arenal volcano. Our visitors can take advantage of our spacious gardens for walking and meditation as well as the opportunities to see the daily operations of a typical Costa Rican farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Arenal Manoa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Manoa Hotel And Spa
- Arenal Manoa Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Manoa Hotel Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park