This was the first hotel I've stayed at while in Costa Rica, in the Arenal Area, and I would only want to stay here! It is like a little heaven nearer to the rainforest. It's quiet, secluded, you have your own little villa (connected to another room) with a cute porch with rocking chairs and a table. The rooms are spacious with a large bathroom and cool shower. Coffee maker, fridge, safe, free wifi. The restaurant is excellent too. The service in both the hotel/front desk and the restaurant was excellent. The food was great. It's so nice to have the hot springs right there and available for your use whenever you please.
There are tons of wildlife around the grounds, which are perfectly manicured, but landscaped. Villas can be pretty far from the front desk and can be a chore if it is raining. But they do offer rides.
It's outside of downtown La Fortuna and there is a pretty long private road to get there, so you need to catch a cab/ride to get to other places. The front desk is ALWAYS helpful with assisting you with finding transportation or booking your activities.
The only thing I would change is the lighting in the rooms. I'm not sure if the type of lighting in the room is to save energy or the type of bulbs that do not attract the local bats (I know we have those on our football fields at home), but it is very dim in the rooms once the sun is set. Right now (November) it's pretty much down after 5pm.
Anyway, this was an excellent hotel and it is highly recommended!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Manoa Hotel is a beautiful Arenal hotel to relax and enjoy the marvelous view of Arenal volcano in Costa Rica. Surrounded by gardens, pastures and animals, our rooms have been designed so that each one offers you a panoramic view of the Arenal volcano. Our visitors can take advantage of our spacious gardens for walking and meditation as well as the opportunities to see the daily operations of a typical Costa Rican farm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Arenal Manoa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Manoa Hotel And Spa
- Arenal Manoa Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Manoa Hotel Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park