Me and my husband spent 1 night during our honeymoon in april 2014.Arriving in early evening,after driving through the amazing views of arenal surrounding, receptionist was extra welcoming and helpful and showed us to our bungalow.
To our surprise We got the large family bungalow (although we were only a couple) since no other bunglow was avaliable at time of reservation (no extra charge).
No special gesture for the honeymoon was noticed.
Staying in the bungalow was an adventure! amazing experience, located in the local forest , surrounded by all the wildlife noises !
Breakfast was ok - intercontinental standard. breakfast ladies made sure to put fruits in the surrounding area of breakfast so birds will arrive ! :)
Do make sure to have a walk (it's free and fun !) in the private trails on the premises - these are asbsolutely terrific , including a great butterfly house !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful place is the results of several years of conservation, allowing to a different species of animal a new home; at the beginning of the 80's was a big cattle field and now it is a paradise for Sloths, Mexican Anteater, Gray Fox, Ocelots, howler Monkeys, Toucans, Manakines, Hummingbirds, Turkeys, Tree Frogs, Glass Frogs and Poison Dart Frogs, Snakes, Lizards and much more...Accomplishing this rich natural environment, the Rojas Bonilla family created some cabins out in the woods, restaurant and one thematic trail of a several stations all along the refuge, where the visitors get a speech about natural history of the species. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Arenal Oasis Eco Lodge & Wildlife Refuge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Oasis Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Oasis Eco Lodge & Wildlife Refuge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park