I really liked this place. It was not in town, but just outside by taxi or public bus, or a walk.
But because of this and the habitat work the owners have done on the property to connect their parcel with the protected area of the volcano and stream corridor, wildlife flourishes. They've created wildlife habitat, e.g. frog ponds on their property, and along with the native trees and plants, it's a haven. Bird watching from the road and from breakfast over great coffee! is exceptional. They are actually getting rid of their exhibit cages of lizards, snakes and frogs etc. so one will see wildlife only in wild. Very nice. The owner and her sons run the place and they are extremely helpful, knowledgeable and speak fluent English. I loved my cabin and didn't have any problem with mold...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful place is the results of several years of conservation, allowing to a different species of animal a new home; at the beginning of the 80's was a big cattle field and now it is a paradise for Sloths, Mexican Anteater, Gray Fox, Ocelots, howler Monkeys, Toucans, Manakines, Hummingbirds, Turkeys, Tree Frogs, Glass Frogs and Poison Dart Frogs, Snakes, Lizards and much more...Accomplishing this rich natural environment, the Rojas Bonilla family created some cabins out in the woods, restaurant and one thematic trail of a several stations all along the refuge, where the visitors get a speech about natural history of the species. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Arenal Oasis Eco Lodge & Wildlife Refuge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Oasis Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Oasis Eco Lodge & Wildlife Refuge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park