I have to first start off by saying that the family who owns this little place are wonderfully nice. They are really trying to make this an eco friendly lodge. The grounds are great and the cause is worth while. With that said, the cabin we stayed in was so inundated with mold and mildew that we had to leave after our first night and cancel the rest of our stay there (luckily for us we had just come from arenal green down the road and they had room for us to stay the rest of our trip). The mold and mildew was so bad that we could not breath, we got no sleep and my lungs filled up with fluid from just being in the room for less than 8 hours. The walls were covered and there was absolutly no ventilation and the windows are locked shut. The fan that will blow mold onto you while you try to sleep is a bonus. We have stayed in dense rainforest before and have never experienced anything like this. Do the night walk it was wonderful. Sorry to say, unless they can get this under control, for health reasons do not stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderful place is the results of several years of conservation, allowing to a different species of animal a new home; at the beginning of the 80's was a big cattle field and now it is a paradise for Sloths, Mexican Anteater, Gray Fox, Ocelots, howler Monkeys, Toucans, Manakines, Hummingbirds, Turkeys, Tree Frogs, Glass Frogs and Poison Dart Frogs, Snakes, Lizards and much more...Accomplishing this rich natural environment, the Rojas Bonilla family created some cabins out in the woods, restaurant and one thematic trail of a several stations all along the refuge, where the visitors get a speech about natural history of the species. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Arenal Oasis Eco Lodge & Wildlife Refuge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Oasis Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Arenal Oasis Eco Lodge & Wildlife Refuge Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park