I had a hard time finding any information on La Selva before I booked it and when I arrived I found out why. The resort is almost brand new (the taxi driver wasn't sure where it was, although he was brand new too!). That being said, in a couple of months it is going to be breathtaking!
The resort is well marked from the road by a clear sign and there are 14 cabins altogether. The reception area is a beautiful, open air desk with many tables, a couple of couches and a spectacular view of the volcano. There is a pool and hot tub/jacuzzi available to all guests. The cabins are spectacular. The owner decided to invest in excellent matresses and sheets/comforters and it really pays off. All cabins have large windows, clear volcano views and convey a sense of luxury (which isn't easy to do in the rainforest). I also stayed at an adjacent resort which has a much more 'hotel/motel' feel and I missed the intimacy of La Selva's cabins. I would definitely recommend it for those looking for a more luxurious cabin stay or for a romantic getaway. The owner/managers are incredibly helpful and accomodating (lots of information on tours available and no pressure or commissions with any certain companies).
The only downside is that the bar/restaurant was not complete so you have to order your food in (Lava lounge in town is excellent and charges $3 to deliver) or eat out. That being said, in a few months La Selva will be the one to beat!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest of the northern hills of Costa Rica, Hotel Kokoro Arenal is the perfect hideaway retreat blessed with untouched flora and fauna and a panoramic setting overlooking the majestic volcano of Arenal. At Kokoro Arenal, each of our carefully designed eco-villas offers a stay in a cozy family oriented style, with charm, and a service approach prepared in a joyful, attentive, and sustainable way. The lodging grounds also invite you to dip into the hill-top swimming pool, tropical hut with hammock, and explore our tucked away rainforest trails. With our Kokoro ‘heartfelt’ ways, we aim to revitalize your senses and share with you a vibrant experience in the Costa Rican tropics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Kokoro Arenal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kokoro Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Resort Kokoro Arenal
- Hotel Kokoro Arenal Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park