My wife and I were very impressed by Hotel Kokoro. We planned to only stay 2 days but ended up doubling our time there and we didn't want to leave. The owners were very attentive to our needs and helped make our stay truly special. Felico was incredibly helpful in locating tours to fit exactly what we were looking for and his mom should open her own restaurant--the breakfasts were that good. We stayed in a cabin with a king-sized bed (very comfortable) and deck area where we could relax and watch the birds. We heard and saw a toucan on our second day! Our cabin also had a fridge, A/C (which we didn't use), flat-screen TV, and a massive bathroom. The attention to details carried down to even the fresh towels, which each day were folded into a different animal!
The weather held out for us on two of the days and we were treated to stunning views of the volcano from our cabin and from the dining area and pool. We did not have a car but transportation was no problem: it was a short taxi ride to La Fortuna for dinner or shopping and Felico gave us a ride a couple times when he happened to be going into town. Most things are close by and tours will pick you up straight from the hotel. One day our tour left very early but the hotel was willing to shift breakfast even earlier so that we wouldn't leave with an empty stomach.
We couldn't have been happier with our stay and would recommend the hotel to anyone--singles, couples, and families would all feel relaxed here and at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest of the northern hills of Costa Rica, Hotel Kokoro Arenal is the perfect hideaway retreat blessed with untouched flora and fauna and a panoramic setting overlooking the majestic volcano of Arenal. At Kokoro Arenal, each of our carefully designed eco-villas offers a stay in a cozy family oriented style, with charm, and a service approach prepared in a joyful, attentive, and sustainable way. The lodging grounds also invite you to dip into the hill-top swimming pool, tropical hut with hammock, and explore our tucked away rainforest trails. With our Kokoro ‘heartfelt’ ways, we aim to revitalize your senses and share with you a vibrant experience in the Costa Rican tropics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Kokoro Arenal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kokoro Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Resort Kokoro Arenal
- Hotel Kokoro Arenal Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park