I'll start with the only criticism I can come up with: If you want to see the volcano from inside your room, ask about which room you'll have, as the extensive gardening can cover some rooms' external views. However, that one criticism leads to my first complement: The grounds here are wonderful! Lots of variety of fruit trees (banana, orange, star fruit, and even cocoa!) and tropical plants that are manicured to look both natural and clean at the same time. The staff is very helpful with accurate, useful recommendations. The rooms are clean, and the beds are great. The highlight are the hot spring pools. The water is NOT clear, but that's how it actually comes out of the ground. It's important to remember that if you stay here, you won't need to spend money going to another place's hot springs. The water's very hot, but the staff can mix in some cold spring water to get the temperature right. The water is turned on at 2:30 every day, since I assume the water supply may be limited from their well. The cabins' construction has a few gaps near the rooflines, but we never had a problem with mosquitoes coming in or the air conditioning getting out. Lastly, the staff as a passion for this place, and is expanding their lodging options to offer even more variety. A very satisfying stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest of the northern hills of Costa Rica, Hotel Kokoro Arenal is the perfect hideaway retreat blessed with untouched flora and fauna and a panoramic setting overlooking the majestic volcano of Arenal. At Kokoro Arenal, each of our carefully designed eco-villas offers a stay in a cozy family oriented style, with charm, and a service approach prepared in a joyful, attentive, and sustainable way. The lodging grounds also invite you to dip into the hill-top swimming pool, tropical hut with hammock, and explore our tucked away rainforest trails. With our Kokoro ‘heartfelt’ ways, we aim to revitalize your senses and share with you a vibrant experience in the Costa Rican tropics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Kokoro Arenal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kokoro Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Resort Kokoro Arenal
- Hotel Kokoro Arenal Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park