Hotel Kokoro Arenal
Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$142
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$114
$96
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Lomas del Volcan(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$156
$114
  • Breakfast included
Hotel El Silencio del Campo(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$173
$256
Arenal Springs Resort and Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$581
$180
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $209/night.

Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$204
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$241
$149
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$209
$157
  • Breakfast included
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$480
All reviewshot springscosta ricareception areagrounds are beautifulbreakfast was deliciousfried plantainsopen airevery morninggreat view of the volcanoreception desknice poolpura vidarooms are largefront porchshort drivetown of la fortunarainy season
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Kokoro has captured exactly the concept we was expecting for Costa Rica.

In thes hotel you get espectacular volcano view, great natural gardens, and the thermal place.

They was so kind people even when we are the only couple of spanish spoken visitors at that time we feel "like in home".

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I quickly glanced over the 1-star reviews and couldn't help but laugh. They couldn't be more inaccurate. Kokoro has been great. The staff are so friendly. They went out of there way to pick up appetizers/tapas from the city for us when a driver was making a city run. They packed us breakfast when we accidentally slept in and did not let our shuttle leave without us. They made calls to a local ATV place where I thought I ha misplaced a family gift (my Leatherman knife).

The only cons are for cleanliness because the tub was a little dingy, 8/10 cleanliness. I could still probably eat off of it. Also, the walls are paper thin which doesn't bother me, but I can see how it might bother some people.

This place will be recommended to all my friends. I almost forgot, they have various fruit trees on the property and we were picking lines and adding them to our drinks in the smaller/intimate hot springs they have here.

Doug Haigh & Kelly Haigh (newlyweds)

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank doughaigh1986
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Both me and my friend enjoyed our stay at Kokoro, the hotel itself in a lovely quiet setting, hotel room is nice and comfy, breakfast is fantastic. Dinner is excellent!

Most of all, hotel staffs are very friendly and helpful, and very attentive.

I would recommend anyone who visit Arenal volcano area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The staff is amazing (hi Michael and Fernando). They act like it is not even work to help you - it is a pleasure. They were great about arranging taxis, tours and even helping us order dinner delivery. The open air reception/sitting area and dining areas are great. I generally don't like pools, but the setting here i so beautiful, full of flowers and birds (they put out fruit to attract them) that it is a pleasure just to sit there. The grounds are beautiful with many exotic flowers.

The breakfasts are very nice. Each room has its own little porch, we went during the rainy season, so i spent a couple of hours a day just sitting on our porch and watching birds and reading. We staying in 12, which is quiet and has a very big, tiled bathroom; i think it was a very good unit. Stay away from 4-7 (i think), which are by the reception area and get traffic noise when cars pull up. To get to the volcano was a $20 cab ride each way and $8-10 each way into La Fortuna, so that can add up, but all of the tours pick you up at the hotel.

Only negatives were: on the day i picked to sit by the pool and relax, they had a guy power washing the stone steps the whole day (this is necessary for safety, but it was annoying to have the noise the whole day). There is also sometimes grass cutting, etc, but that is going to be true anywhere and is necessary. The room itself was fairly plain, but comfy and functional. It had a fridge, was very clean. it was dark, but they brought an extra lamp when we asked.

All in all, i would definitely stay here again if we came back. I would actually give it a 4.7.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LaurafromAtlanta
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've been to Costa Rica just two times and both times, we've stayed here. It's not pretentious like some other hotels. I like the "mom & pop" style hotels. You're in the middle of the jungle with birds, bugs and thunder sounds all around you. The rooms are spacious with high ceilings, large bathrooms and decent sized beds. It's perfect for couples, families and large groups. They have all the amenities you need. Although, they don't have a full time wait staff on site during low season, you can get food delivered to the hotel. The town is only a few minutes away. The natural hot spring is awesome too. Don't let the murky water fool you; it's all natural, straight from the volcano. I'm not sure if it's the magical minerals but you really do feel good afterwards. I passed out after each dip in the spring. :P

The massages were also wonderful. They're done outside in a gazebo. I've never had a massage out in the open before, but the sounds of nature actually helped me relax even more.

The staff were always friendly and willing to help. The complimentary breakfast is always good and plentiful. This is my spot. In fact, I love this place so much that I'm going to get married here. :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple