We were so lucky to come across Kokoro while searching for a pet-friendly hotel in the La Fortuna area. The best part about this place is the private cabinas, hands down. Each room is a separate small house set on a hill overlooking Volcano Arenal. The rooms are huge with super comfy beds and beautiful wood furniture. Our room had a flat screen TV and large refrigerator too. Not to mention AC, which was new and worked perfectly (a rarity in CR). The bathroom is also very spacious, the shower had great pressure and hot water and there was plenty of space to move around. The overall feel was that everything was relatively new and well-maintained, and very clean.
The staff was really helpful and gave great recommendations re: restaurants and excursions. Breakfast was included and held in a lovely open-air dining room. We were curious as to why this place readily accepts pets (we couldn't find any other hotels in the area that advertised), but they were super nice about it and said all we needed to do was bring a bed for him. We were traveling in low season so didn't see many other guests and no other dogs, but the grounds of the hotel are expansive and we had a great time walking around and exploring the gardens. And there's a pool & hot springs!
For the price this place is a steal -- I've traveled all around Costa Rica, with and without a dog, and the amenities/size/privacy offered can't be beat. We will absolutely stay here again next time we visit Arenal, as should you if you're passing through the area with a dog!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest of the northern hills of Costa Rica, Hotel Kokoro Arenal is the perfect hideaway retreat blessed with untouched flora and fauna and a panoramic setting overlooking the majestic volcano of Arenal. At Kokoro Arenal, each of our carefully designed eco-villas offers a stay in a cozy family oriented style, with charm, and a service approach prepared in a joyful, attentive, and sustainable way. The lodging grounds also invite you to dip into the hill-top swimming pool, tropical hut with hammock, and explore our tucked away rainforest trails. With our Kokoro ‘heartfelt’ ways, we aim to revitalize your senses and share with you a vibrant experience in the Costa Rican tropics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Kokoro Arenal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kokoro Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Resort Kokoro Arenal
- Hotel Kokoro Arenal Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park