My husband and I stayed at Kokoro for two nights on a belated honeymoon. We were taken to the hotel at the advice of a cab driver who picked us up from a lesser hotel that did not meet our expectations. We were immediately greeted by a friendly, helpful staff who eagerly showed us our room and the exquisite property. We spent our first evening lounging in the beautiful pool area, which we had all to ourselves. The next morning we enjoyed a delicious breakfast in an open air patio surrounded by colorful tropical flowers.
The staff was helpful in discussing recreation options with us, but it did not feel like they were being overly pushy in order to get a commission, which is something that we felt almost everywhere else we stayed in Costa Rica. In the end, we found our stay at Kokoro to be refreshing, in both the surroundings, the lodgings, and the staff with which we dealt. You can't beat the views of the volcano; waking up to a misty Arenal right outside our door was an unforgettable experience.
Another plus: the hotel has a very pleasant common area outfitted with rustic furniture, coffee and tea, other drink options, a guitar, and games. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed spending time in this space after dinner (we went to town for dinner, it is a quick and cheap cab ride.) It is so worth it to be a bit outside La Fortuna if you are looking for quiet, wildlife, and respite.
Our experience at Kokoro balanced some of the less positive experiences we had in Costa Rica; Kokoro serves as an outstanding example of a gem-like small hotel that is run immaculately by friendly owners and management. If we go back to Costa Rica, we will return to Kokoro, but we will definitely stay longer than two nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest of the northern hills of Costa Rica, Hotel Kokoro Arenal is the perfect hideaway retreat blessed with untouched flora and fauna and a panoramic setting overlooking the majestic volcano of Arenal. At Kokoro Arenal, each of our carefully designed eco-villas offers a stay in a cozy family oriented style, with charm, and a service approach prepared in a joyful, attentive, and sustainable way. The lodging grounds also invite you to dip into the hill-top swimming pool, tropical hut with hammock, and explore our tucked away rainforest trails. With our Kokoro ‘heartfelt’ ways, we aim to revitalize your senses and share with you a vibrant experience in the Costa Rican tropics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Kokoro Arenal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kokoro Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Resort Kokoro Arenal
- Hotel Kokoro Arenal Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park