We stayed at Kokoro for 3 nights over the holidays. The grounds are lush and beautifully landscaped. The pool and hot springs were lovely. Fernando at the front desk was a rock star. Friendly, helpful and resourceful. All of his local recommendations were spot-on. Michael was good too. The family that owns and runs the property were actively involved with all aspects of the property. Our cabin was good, but fell short of 5-star accommodations. Perhaps it's because the rainy season was just finishing up, but our room had a slight musty smell. Towels and wet clothes never quite dried out. The mattress was too soft and gave me a sore back. It's a nice place to stay, but best to know that it's a bit rustic going in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest of the northern hills of Costa Rica, Hotel Kokoro Arenal is the perfect hideaway retreat blessed with untouched flora and fauna and a panoramic setting overlooking the majestic volcano of Arenal. At Kokoro Arenal, each of our carefully designed eco-villas offers a stay in a cozy family oriented style, with charm, and a service approach prepared in a joyful, attentive, and sustainable way. The lodging grounds also invite you to dip into the hill-top swimming pool, tropical hut with hammock, and explore our tucked away rainforest trails. With our Kokoro ‘heartfelt’ ways, we aim to revitalize your senses and share with you a vibrant experience in the Costa Rican tropics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Kokoro Arenal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kokoro Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Resort Kokoro Arenal
- Hotel Kokoro Arenal Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park