We stayed at Kokoro for two nights and everything was smooth from check-in to check-out. Fernando was great, he seemed knowledgeable although he was new to the area and very helpful. We were traveling with a child and the breakfast buffet was more than sufficient even to cater to a picky eater. The staff even agreed to make us some plain scrambled eggs when they were not on the buffet table that day.
My one comment was that the staff offered to ferry us to town since we were not renting a car and while we profusely thanked them thinking they were going out of their way, we learned at checkout that they charged $8.00 per ride. No big deal, it was cheaper than a red cab, but they should have been forthcoming when offering the ride.
Other than that, the rooms were great, the bathrooms spacious, and we had a huge room that would probably fit a family of 5. Our cabin also had a great view of the volcano. The grounds are beautiful, the hot springs were relaxing and did not really smell of sulfur that much.
The breakfast was satisfying and the views were great. The cab rides were convenient into town, cost about $10-$12. The staff even gave us a ride to the local airport for a natureair flight on the day we checkout and charged us a modest $15 for it. Overall, great experience!
Tip: You have to ask the staff to clean the room/change towels. The day we asked for towels, they made the beds but forgot the towels. Nothing we couldn't fix with a short walk to the front desk, but worthwhile to keep in mind since they call themselves eco-friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest of the northern hills of Costa Rica, Hotel Kokoro Arenal is the perfect hideaway retreat blessed with untouched flora and fauna and a panoramic setting overlooking the majestic volcano of Arenal. At Kokoro Arenal, each of our carefully designed eco-villas offers a stay in a cozy family oriented style, with charm, and a service approach prepared in a joyful, attentive, and sustainable way. The lodging grounds also invite you to dip into the hill-top swimming pool, tropical hut with hammock, and explore our tucked away rainforest trails. With our Kokoro ‘heartfelt’ ways, we aim to revitalize your senses and share with you a vibrant experience in the Costa Rican tropics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Kokoro Arenal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kokoro Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Resort Kokoro Arenal
- Hotel Kokoro Arenal Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park