Regina Hotel
Los Lagos Hotel Spa & Resort(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$152
$142
  • Breakfast included
Hotel El Silencio del Campo(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$173
Hotel Lomas del Volcan(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$120
$103
  • Breakfast included
Arenal Lodge(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$114
$96
  • Breakfast included
Baldi Hot Springs Hotel Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$204
Arenal Manoa Hotel(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$241
$149
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $201/night.

$293
$256
Travelocity
Volcano Lodge & Springs(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$200
$157
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Tabacon Thermal Resort & Spa(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$480
Nayara Resort Spa & Gardens(La Fortuna de San Carlos)
$490
All reviewslight sleepernoise from the streetrestaurants and barsla fortunalovely little hotelsmall kitchenettebring earplugscosta ricathe hotel managerthe cleaning ladylots of hot waterac unithot showerlaundry donebook toursbusy roadgreat hotel
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Our family really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The friendly staff were very helpful, patient, and efficient in organizing our daily adventures for the best prices and locations. We liked the location in town which allowed us to view the volcano, visit local restaurants and do some shopping. We definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here next time!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I reserved this hotel directly on the hotel’s website and reconfirmed the room a few days before departure.
Upon arrival, I was welcomed by Rocio at the front desk, explained the basics and showed to my room. The room was fairly big, clean and very bright. It was furnished with two queen beds, table with stools and a long counter with some kitchen apparel and kitchen sink (which I did not use) and a closet. The bathroom was a bit dark but well kept and everything was working fine. The shower was the typical electric one and there were a few wires sticking out and making me feel a bit nervous (this was before travelling a few more days and realizing it was a regular thing in CR). The room had also airco, a tv (which I didn’t use) and a safe. The room had also a large window with a fantastic view of the volcano.
The hotel is located on the main road, which is a plus for the proximity to bars, restaurants and shops, but, at the same time, a huge drawback due to the very loud traffic noise. I did read about this before leaving and was somewhat prepared (I had earplugs) but have to admit that the noise was continuous during the whole night and louder than expected. The staff was always quite pleasant and ready to answer questions and the room was serviced daily. Breakfast was not included.
I was satisfied with this choice as it offers an excellent price quality ratio but the traffic noise should be really taken into consideration.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Raging_Hamster
Reviewed December 28, 2013

the daily receptionist talks like crazy when you ask her for information and help. generally, she is a very nice person though, I think, she help me make phone calls and arrange for pricing and schedules. she wasn't too pushy. the night attendant was a little dumb. I ask him for the WIFI code and he said he doesn't know. he told me to check with the day attendant.

the hotel is decent compare to the low cost. this is an expensive town, so if you are on a budget this is a good hotel for you. it is more or less clean and accessible to many shops and restaurants in the front. I would not recommend this town at all as it is full of snotty people trying to find adventure and destroying the beautiful rainforest in their quest for adventure.

the events are over rated and over priced. you can do better in Nicaragua as the natural environment is more pristine and the cost is much lower. However, if you must come here and you are on a budget I would recommend this hotel. bon voyage.

Joe T

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Our stay at Hotel Regina was an absolute pleasure.

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful throughout our entire stay. Any question we had was answered when we left and we'd always be greeted with a smile when we got back from our adventures. We were even told the good places to eat local food on the cheap, perfect for our budget backpacking adventures.

The room and the private bathroom were clean. The room was made up every day when we got back home. The inclusion of a safe in the room was much appreciated as well. Our room didn't have a view of La Fortuna like some of the other rooms did, but we also paid less because of it.

The staff went out of their way to book us our jeep-boat-jeep to Monteverde at a good price and even got us on a shuttle that was "booked full".

Room Tip: Ask about the local sodas if you want good food on the cheap ($4/meal!).
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We found this hotel to be a real gem. It is located near to Arenal Volcano. We actually had a wonderful view from our bedroom window on a day when it was very clear. The staff in this hotel are very kind and well informed. They made staying in the hotel a wonderful experience. The Manageress is a very kind and informative person when it comes to suggesting trips. She made arrangements for trips for us, and went out of her way to suggest bird watching sites for my husband. We will go back and stay at this lovely little hotel, and see the people who helped so much to make our trip so enjoyable

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family