We had such a wonderful time in Costa Rica at Leaves and Lizards! We loved loved loved the Hummingbird house and were SO glad that we upgraded to it. The bird watching was just incredible - far more than we even hoped for. We had toucans in the trees right outside the house singing to each other, a flock of green parrots, saw a white hawk, and of course saw gorgeous hummingbirds all around. The horse riding was wonderful - my girls who compete and ride pretty much daily especially enjoyed just the freedom to ride in the country and to just enjoy the horses, who were very well trained. We enjoyed learning about the Parelli method and found the horses to be very willing and responsive and kind! The guides were also wonderful! They helped us see two different kinds of poison dart frogs and also explained so much about the wildlife and plants that we saw, including information about the leaf cutter ants that we found very interesting. The food was also delicious and the setting of the restaurant could not have been more perfect. Everyone we met who served us was so willing and kind and joyful. Please tell everyone on your staff thank you!! I could probably go on and on!! We felt so relaxed and only wished we had more days there :) We hope to return!
Not sure how to change the extra ratings below... There actually is not a swimming pool or fitness center but I wasn't able to leave it blank. However, you can get plenty of fitness on beautiful hikes and horseback rides and you can swim in the private, beautiful waterfall which is far better than a pool!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This secluded resort is located on 26 acres with spectacular viewing of the Arenal Volcano near La Fortuna. Enjoy the panoramic vista of Arenal and Cerro Chato from a hammock on your porch or from your comfortable, orthopedic, queen sized beds with Egyptian cotton sheets. Meals prepared using locally grown ingredients at the Lava Lizard on-site dining facility. Guests are invited to help with daily 'chores' on this working farm. Milk a cow, collect eggs for breakfast or groom a horse. Enjoy private horseback riding, professional guide service, on site spa and 2 km of on site nature trails. The vision at Leaves and Lizards is to create the perfect blend of adventure, discovery and tranquility for each guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Leaves and Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leaves And Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Leaves And Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park