We just returned from Leaves and Lizards with our two college-aged children. We all had a wonderful time at this beautiful spot. Steve and Debbie were attentive hosts, and all the people who work at Leaves and Lizards are delightful. The view outside our window at the Hobbit House was a truly amazing visual feast of volcano, jungle, pasture, bees, butterflies and hummingbirds. The horseback ride to the waterfall was a lot of fun and our guides were very informative. We saw a toucan, a sloth, a blue poison dart frog, and lots of hawks. On our last day, we saw the Leaves and Lizards cow give birth to a calf. All in all, an excellent experience for all of us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This secluded resort is located on 26 acres with spectacular viewing of the Arenal Volcano near La Fortuna. Enjoy the panoramic vista of Arenal and Cerro Chato from a hammock on your porch or from your comfortable, orthopedic, queen sized beds with Egyptian cotton sheets. Meals prepared using locally grown ingredients at the Lava Lizard on-site dining facility. Guests are invited to help with daily 'chores' on this working farm. Milk a cow, collect eggs for breakfast or groom a horse. Enjoy private horseback riding, professional guide service, on site spa and 2 km of on site nature trails. The vision at Leaves and Lizards is to create the perfect blend of adventure, discovery and tranquility for each guest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Leaves and Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leaves And Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Leaves And Lizards Arenal Volcano Cabin Retreat Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park